12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Hello all

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all

Hello everyone,
i am new to the site and from what i am reading there is a lot of good
information to fall back on in times of need or frustration depending on the mood our trucks put us in. i have a 1997 dodge ram 2500 5.9 12v. i am getting ready for some minor upgrades to motor i have allready done some to transmission. i look forward to any advice i recieve and am willing to help with what i know for any one who may need it.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Get a Bhaf, do the fuel plate, either grind it down or buy a special numbered one on ebay for around $40.00, install governor springs, tune your afc as well. there are several threads on this in here somewhere. i am a new member also but i have read my *** off on all of these threads before i was ever a member. take the silencer ring out of your turbo, straight pipe. 12 valves make extreme amounts of power for a fraction of the cost on newer diesel engines. you can also have your pump timing advanced but i recomend head studs and 60lb valve springs and deffantley a 4k gov spring kit before you advance timing very much. injectors are also a great upgrade to polish off the pump work

Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM

I am going to have fuel plate ground, new governor springs put in on wend. i have it straight piped with a k&n cone filter that i am going to move to get colder air. gonna have to save some money for head bolts, exhaust manifold and turbo. damn Christmas screwing it all up for me though. wont have the money till Jan.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:48 PM

i hear that, i just sold my fast 12 valve and bought another stock one im going through the same thing right now..... Tranny is next, then to make it scream.