Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   ac compressor (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/54040-ac-compressor.html)

cumminspwr11 07-08-2010 09:43 AM

ac compressor

so my a/c compressor finally went out on my truck, its the original one form 95 and has been in az heat all its life, last summer it would squeal once in awhile and then lately it would get warmer went i stopped at a light, i went to charge the freeon up the other day and it didnt need any and just last night i went to the store and it only blows hot air now

does this sound like the compressor to you guys? and if so which years interchange? it seems to me that 94-02 would swap out but idk for sure also im thinking about putting a new blower motor in, does anyone make a better one or is factory good enough?

tltruckparts 07-08-2010 11:05 AM

let the truck run, fire up the ac, and look to see if the clutch engages. if it doesnt engage youll have to replace it and vacuum out the system before you recharge etc. you cant just fill it with the little recharge kits from the auto parts stores

cumminspwr11 07-08-2010 11:58 AM

i have access to a a/c evaluator pump and all the freeon i need for 20bux a pound, i took a closer look at it in the light a few mins ago and i see that the seal blew out on the front of the compressor and a few bolts rattle their way out of it, looks like it was time for a new one anyway.

at least my a/c should work great now, it sucks having no a/c here, at 9am in the morning i was sweating my balls off driving around with the windows down, lol

as for the blower in the cab, it is also original 95 stuff and i know its not blowing as good as it could, do you guys think its the blower motor or the resistor?

tiremann9669 07-08-2010 01:17 PM

n When I changed my evaporator core there was a lot of dirt and tree material packed in it, must come in through the cowl. Cleaned the heater box out and installed the new cores (heater core was bad too). Now my blower works a lot better. That could be your problem if changin the motor dosnt help. Pain in the arse though, gotta pull the dash completly out.

tltruckparts 07-08-2010 01:41 PM

it could be either the motor or resistor pull out the dvom and starts checkin. i wouldnt pay 20 bucks a pound for freo thats kind of a ripoff. hell at walmart freon is twenty bucks for 24 oz (1.5 lbs).

cumminspwr11 07-08-2010 03:48 PM

hummm and i didnt think my friend would try and do that to me on the freo, our a/c systems hold around 2lbs right?

tltruckparts 07-08-2010 05:49 PM

thats about what a normal truck will do anywhere from about 1.8 to 2.5lbs. A 12oz can at any auto store should be under 10 bucks

cumminspwr11 07-08-2010 09:14 PM

i use to work at the shop so i thought he would give me the good price but he told me the marked up price now that i think about it, i cant believe how much a shop will mark up the price on somethings