Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   P-Pump problems (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/38803-p-pump-problems.html)

rkrussell 12-20-2009 07:21 PM

P-Pump problems

First of all thanks for having me on your site. For a quick ? to you all. My 2nd Gen pump(P7100) is not pumping a drop of fuel. It has a new lift pump,releive valve and lines(good PSI to injection pump). I thought it was the fuel shut off so I tryed lifting it up by hand. Tryed starting it and still no fuel. I just cant believe all 6 plungers quit pumping (not evening a drop). Crazy. The fuel shutoff arm did not feel like is was doing anything. So I took the cover over the fuel plate off and fuel plate itself off to see down into the pump. The linkage is not doing anything that I can see. I thought it was supposed to slide the rack back in fourth to shut out the fuel from the plungers. If the rack isnt moving, doesnt that mean there want be any fuel? Or am I in left field?

captain_stabbin 12-20-2009 08:05 PM

prolly trash or sumthin, vary rare for these pumps to mess up

rkrussell 12-20-2009 08:21 PM

Is there a way to clean it? Isnt the rack supposed to move with the shutoff lever?

dshane62 12-20-2009 08:36 PM

I DONT THINK IT MOVES THE RACK IT JUST SHUTS OFF FUEL THESE PUMPS DONT MESS UP VERY OFTEN TRY TAKING THE RETURN LINE LOOSE AND CRANK IT AND SEE IF ITS RETURNING ANY FUEL OR CRACK THE HIGH PRESSURE LINE AT EACH INJECTOR TO BLEED AIR OUT OF THE LINES. ITS PROB. JUST GOT AIR IN IT. HAVCE SOMEONE CRANK IT AND LOOSEN THE LINES 1 AT A TIME . YOUR OVERFLOW VALVE IS ON THE RETURN RIGHT I HAVE SEEN THEM PUT ON THE SUPPLY JUST A THOUGHT SINCE YOU SAID IT WAS REPLACED

rkrussell 12-20-2009 09:32 PM

The overflow vavle is on the return. I have the lines off at the D-Valves and no fuel while cranking. Fuel does come out of the return. If the shutoff dont move the rack, what does it do. I dont see it doing anything.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

:w2:

94 12valve 12-21-2009 06:04 AM

the shutdown moves an arm that pulls the rack back and holdes it back when its down. When your standing at the front bumper looking tword the truck the shutdown arm will be on the right side of the fuel plate.

PhilipR 12-21-2009 06:44 AM

There is a key on the lever that the shut down solenoid turns....if that key is sheared off or missing then the lever will only spin on the shaft and never allow fuel to flow to the pump.

gone ropin 12-21-2009 08:21 AM

what he said,:iws:

rkrussell 12-21-2009 08:21 AM

I can see the arm moving inside back and fourth, but is not doing anything. I can see the rack with the spring and is not doing anything.What do I do now?

94 12valve 12-21-2009 09:15 AM

when you move the throttle cable does the rack move?