Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   bottom end (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/38259-bottom-end.html)

6btsmoker 12-12-2009 03:32 PM

bottom end

Long story,short version; I need a crankshaft for my 98 12v. :argh:
What is out there ? Thanks for any help.

94 12valve 12-12-2009 03:42 PM

whats wrong with the stocker?

6btsmoker 12-12-2009 04:20 PM

The head gasket blew.Then i had the head fire ringed.On the ride home from the shop it started to lose power,a couple of seconds later it started knocking and lost oil pressure.
My wife was driving behind me and said it put out a puff of smoke just before it lost power and i pulled over.I think the bottom end has had it now.Merry Christmas.

ArizonaRedneck 12-12-2009 04:36 PM

i wouldnt jump to any conclusions just yet before pulling it down and checking it out could be and probably is still salvageable. and in your explanation of what happened iam confused where bad crank comes into the picture:humm:

6btsmoker 12-12-2009 04:42 PM

The loss of oil pressure and the knocking,sounded like the bottom end.I think it spun a bearing.I am hoping for the best,but trying to be ready for the worst.

ArizonaRedneck 12-12-2009 04:58 PM

okay i understand now but check it out and let me know how you came out on the deal not good that is abummer

6btsmoker 12-12-2009 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaRedneck (Post 450126)
okay i understand now but check it out and let me know how you came out on the deal not good that is abummer

Thanks.
I don't usually run the truck in the winter,but the head gasket blew late this fall and was just picking the truck up from the shop.I may not have any infor for a few weeks.I forgot to mention that the radiator had oil in it agin after the blow up. This is a very sad day.

Diesel Nut 12-14-2009 09:49 PM

WEll, usually the knocking and loss of oil will make the piston scrub the cylinder walls before you spin a bearing. Get it torn down but I bet your crank is fine. Just needs to be balanced and polished. If need be you can have it ground and get oversized bearings. If not, let me know, I have a 24V crank sitting in the engine room. I am pretty sure its the same.

6btsmoker 12-15-2009 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel Nut (Post 451740)
WEll, usually the knocking and loss of oil will make the piston scrub the cylinder walls before you spin a bearing. Get it torn down but I bet your crank is fine. Just needs to be balanced and polished. If need be you can have it ground and get oversized bearings. If not, let me know, I have a 24V crank sitting in the engine room. I am pretty sure its the same.

Thanks.Right now i'm waiting to hear from the shop as to the extent of the damage.I just hope my twins are OK.I've got too much money into this truck.Thanks for the reply,JB