Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   tool to remove injecectors? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/24201-tool-remove-injecectors.html)

will1am 03-23-2009 10:16 PM

tool to remove injecectors?

i think my injectors are leaking and not around the return manifold either.
i tried changing the banjo gasket and i still have leak on 5 of the injectors.
i might try changing switching out the leaking injector in place of non leaking one too
DO I NEED A SPECIAL TOOL to pull or install the injectors?
where can i get a good set of injectors too?
i really dont want to use more feul...i lookin at doing a cng setup
anybody ever order from pensecola diesel?

392hemix 03-23-2009 10:21 PM

you can get a good set of injectors form ddp, and they include a nut that bolts onto the injector that you pry on. they alos have great customer service. my injectors are leaking too, just like you explained, i think i am just going to get new injectors and i am going with the ddp 90hp. but they would use to much fuel for your case. but i think they have a more mild injector that will give you better fuel economy then stock injectors. look them up

smokedout 03-23-2009 10:50 PM

yeah I bought some injectors from pensecola and for $200 there pretty bad ass,and yes to get your old injectors out you need to buy a little piece of metal pipe that will fit over the injector and find a lug nut or a nut that threads on to the top of them and as you tighten the nut down it pulls the injector up using the motor as a base.Goog luck man and oh yeah get the 90hp there the same price as the rest. Have fun:choochoo:

Whit 03-23-2009 10:52 PM

we have vendors with injectors and tools right here on site:U:

xzaq103 03-23-2009 10:53 PM

1/2" PVC pipe works as well just be careful threading the lug nut on.

As for Pensacola Diesel injectors.... Been there done that wont go back. Spend your money else where. there "stage 2" are a 300 or 330 4 Hole marine injeector so there 155* spray pattern is not correct for our engines.

94cummins12v 03-23-2009 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by smokedout (Post 310852)
yeah I bought some injectors from pensecola and for $200 there pretty bad ass,and yes to get your old injectors out you need to buy a little piece of metal pipe that will fit over the injector and find a lug nut or a nut that threads on to the top of them and as you tighten the nut down it pulls the injector up using the motor as a base.Goog luck man and oh yeah get the 90hp there the same price as the rest. Have fun:choochoo:

passing my method on i see:U:

Dr. Evil 03-23-2009 11:42 PM

Ask and ye shall receive:

Injector Puller for 12V engines

Whit 03-24-2009 07:05 AM

Ifin I remember right the longer bolt off yer intake horn works for this

will1am 03-24-2009 08:28 AM

i think i understand all this
you put a cylinder around the injector and then use a bolt/nut to tighten on top of the injector over the cylinder wich makes the injecotr lift up.this is after i have loosened the injector out of the threads?

do ineed a special too to install the injectors as well?

94cummins12v 03-24-2009 10:29 AM

nope just put the new injector in and tighten the nut. the pipe/nut trick is the easyist to tackle