Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   2nd gen Horn honk honk (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/134020-2nd-gen-horn-honk-honk.html)

Jim Alyokhin 10-22-2017 09:49 AM

2nd gen Horn honk honk

Does anyone know where the horn is on these trucks? I read one post where someone said it was under the driver side fender. I am looking and cant see it. Could anyone post a picture? Thanks

JBearSVT 10-28-2017 06:48 AM

Behind the passenger headlight in front of the battery. Can't post a pic because I took mine out, but that's where I found it.

GasItOut 12-16-2017 12:30 PM

If your doesnt work and your air bag light is on you need a clockspring! thats been the case on all of my 2nd gens lol

JBearSVT 12-16-2017 01:20 PM

How about if the airbag light is on and the cruise control slowly goes from spotty to inoperable?

GasItOut 12-16-2017 01:48 PM

Wish mine had cruise control, even if it barely worked haha, Does your 60/68/14 stay pretty cool Jbear?

JBearSVT 12-16-2017 03:11 PM

Depends what I'm doing with it. It's pretty much a perfect combo for my driving style until I get more than 10K behind me and try to maintain highway speeds in the summer. That said, you'll have to define "pretty cool" a little more numerically. Unloaded hammer down you can't make it hit 1300° and it's damn fast for a medium size single with a super tight convertor. Try to drag serious weight around town though, and it becomes a juggling act between the trans temp and EGT gauges.

GasItOut 12-16-2017 08:31 PM

Sounds like a pretty well rounded single for a fast daily. Im just starting to rip my engine down for an overhaul and build and trying to decide if i want to spend the money for compounds or just run a single. Did you bore to 6.0 for performance reasons or just need to go that far over?

JBearSVT 12-17-2017 05:43 AM

I tore it apart at 500K because of blowby. It ran fantastic, but I can't be leaving puddles everywhere and I couldn't keep the seals in it, too much drive pressure. I just bored it to be safe. The bores were still true even though the rings were shot, but I didn't want to get it back together and still have leaks.

You can run a fast, fun, versatile power combo with the right single and tow most toys around with ease. I pull boats and jetskis, tow cars and pickups, even some smaller equipment around and it doesn't even feel them back there. But when I'm pulling a 6 ton mini excavator across the state I have to be very careful, especially when it's hot out. Unfortunately I do that regularly, so I'm going twins in the Spring to stay healthy this summer.
Bottom line though, you only need compounds if you want it to literally heat and eat not just other fast trucks but also Corvettes and Vipers, or you tow so heavy all the time that you're melting it's balls off. I'm making plenty of power to do what I do, I just need twins to make less heat doing it. They're labor intensive and expensive, so I wouldn't be doing it just for fun, believe me. If I thought something like spraying it with meth would be enough to cool it down when I'm pulling heavy, I'd run this combo forever.

ofelas 02-09-2018 06:28 PM

Ageed; compounds are all about making the power & keeping EGts low.

On a side note, why are you trying to find your horn?