Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   p7100 stuck in timing housing like a MOFO! (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/120011-p7100-stuck-timing-housing-like-mofo.html)

HellHorns12v 03-22-2014 08:07 PM

p7100 stuck in timing housing like a MOFO!

Hi Im having a hell of a time trying to get my Injection pump out (p7100). I have all the bolts removed, including the two rear support bolts. Gear came off without a hitch. It seems that the Shaft is stuck in the Timing case at the seal. When we push on the pump it will wiggle a bit and you can see a little seperation at the back mating surface on the four studs. This thing just wont pull out. I have also used a liberal amount of penetrating oil with no budge. Did my FSM leave something out here? Why wont this thing pull out?:argh:

turbo2332 03-22-2014 08:43 PM

sounds like you need a pry stick

ClintD. 03-22-2014 09:03 PM

Are you sure you have all the bolts out? Even the ones between the pump and the block?

HellHorns12v 03-22-2014 09:08 PM

Yes all the bolts are out. Those were pretty straight forward. Truck has well over 300k on it , and pretty sure pump has never been out before. My buddy said his just dropped right out when he removed his. We actually see the timing case flexing when pushing on it. Dont want to break the case. Where Would I be prying? Between the mating surface at the four studs?

turbo2332 03-22-2014 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by HellHorns12v (Post 1054810)
Yes all the bolts are out. Those were pretty straight forward. Truck has well over 300k on it , and pretty sure pump has never been out before. My buddy said his just dropped right out when he removed his. We actually see the timing case flexing when pushing on it. Dont want to break the case. Where Would I be prying? Between the mating surface at the four studs?

yep but its just an old crusty o-ring. dont use excesive force. it should come out with relitive ease. theres no real trick.

remove the

pump bolts
support bracket
fuel feed
fuel return
injection lines
afc line if applicable
take the pump nut loose
pop the gear and there it is.

94 12valve 03-22-2014 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by turbo2332 (Post 1054812)
yep but its just an old crusty o-ring. dont use excesive force. it should come out with relitive ease. theres no real trick.

remove the

pump bolts
support bracket
fuel feed
fuel return
injection lines
afc line if applicable
take the pump nut loose
pop the gear and there it is.

Forgot the oil feed :tu: , there are 4 pump bolts one is not very easy to get. If the case is flexing either you do not have all 4 pump bolts off or the gear is not all the way off.

Can you move the pump up down left and right? normally that is enough to get the o ring to pop loose.

HellHorns12v 03-22-2014 10:26 PM

ya it wiggles a bit. all bolts and lines are off. My issue is after all that its still stuck,. We don't want to over finesse anything. The pry bar idea is the idea im Rollin with tomorrow unless anyone has any better ideas for gettin it outa there. This is one brutal ass O ring if that's what's holding it in. Force has been used to the point of timing case flex. but not breaking.