12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Anyone Know about Lifts?

Old 12-16-2013, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Know about Lifts?

Hi all Im new to the website but Im trying to get some help from knowledgeable people.

I have a 1997 Eclb 4x4 that I got not too long ago and Ive finally figured the mpg and im not happy at all with it. The PO said it was 17 avg and about 14 if blowing smoke everywhere and well without blowing smoke I got 14 maybe even less.

Heres where I need help, the truck has a fabtech suspension lift with dual front shocks and the PO said it was a 4in lift but it seems higher (ill try to get pictures) and It has 33x12.50r20 wheel setup that cannot be helping the mpg whatsoever. Is it possible to go back to the stock height? One website said it was an easy no weld install and no driveshaft change needed but then right under that was a disclaimer saying welding is needed and you must change front driveshaft.

Should I just take it to a 4wheelparts or similar and see what they say? I really dont need a truck that sits that high and it would need 35s to look proportional and then there goes even less mpg..

Thanks for taking the time to read this, it kinda stresses me out since I would be so better off getting the 20mpg my last CTD gave me but sadly some body damage was enough to total it for my Insurance

Old 12-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts

yes a lift kit can be taken out. is the rear suspension blocked or does it have a more arched spring pack? i would say you will need

stock front coil springs, you may have stock springs with a coil spacer?
stock front shocks
stock rear leaf springs
stock rear shocks
possibly have to locate stock lift blocks depending on your current spring arrangement?
your drive shafts should be very close to stock, measure them
possibly a track bar or maybe your kit came with an adjustable one?

Old 12-17-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by turbo2332
yes a lift kit can be taken out. is the rear suspension blocked or does it have a more arched spring pack? i would say you will need

stock front coil springs, you may have stock springs with a coil spacer?
stock front shocks
stock rear leaf springs
stock rear shocks
possibly have to locate stock lift blocks depending on your current spring arrangement?
your drive shafts should be very close to stock, measure them
possibly a track bar or maybe your kit came with an adjustable one?
Forgot to mention the rear was lifted with like 4 blocks stacked, so yeah sketchy and it has longer arms and I don't see where I would bolt on shorter arms if I swapped out coils. And they went with a dual front shock setup and I'd rather have the single shock since its cheaper and looks better IMO. But thanks for the info I think I found what I need on craigslist and I only need stuff for the front end

Old 12-17-2013, 04:46 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 104 Likes on 101 Posts

wanna sell you lift stuff?

Old 12-18-2013, 12:11 AM

Ive been turned on to Lmc and they seem to have everything I need and If I can get this all sorted out and see what might happen since im broke anyways If I can get the truck the way I like it without the lift Youll be the first one I contact

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Well actually I just went out and used the diagram that LCM has and have found out the factory control arm mount was I guess cut off since there is nothing under the truck that would let me mount control arms besides the long arms

Last edited by Snakedoctor00; 12-18-2013 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Search this Thread