Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   intercooler? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/113109-intercooler.html)

deadneck 06-18-2013 02:47 PM

intercooler?

i have a 94 dodge 2wd 3500
what i have done: 60# vs, haisely titanium keepers, fire rings in head, 4k gsk, kdp capped, ddp stage 3 injectors, 18 degrees advanced, silver 64 turbo, zero plate fuel plate, s@b cold air, banks twin ram intake, 4" strait pipe with a packbrake in line, ats commander, triple lock converter, billet input shaft, air dog 150, snow performance tow max with #5 nozzels (one each on curve of twin ram). best dyno run was 475hp/860ft lbs. i have two questions.

A: it seems to me that i'm not spooling up as quick as i should. when i stab it from a stop i can definetly tell a lag and that's when i want it to hit. if i hold the brake for a second to let it catch up it takes off like a rocket. from 60mph to 90+ is great too as it seems more responsive after 1750rpm. also heat is a concern. it doesn't get the full benefit of power before i have to let off to keep it below 1200 degrees. my meth/water ratio should be about 25% (1gallon of 50/50 to 1 gallon of distilled water) and i don't want to go any lower or i'll forget it in the fall and well you know. i have the controller set on 100% rate and a low boost setting so it hits 100% injection rate pretty quick. i'm speculating that i should think about upgrading my intercooler. i want ac and i want it to be a drop in replacement. i'm not going to boost over 50 psi ( normal driving it never goes above 7 psi and 20 psi on the highway is knocking on triple digit mph) for now but i may try for a twin turbo down the road. what is my best option? is there anything i'm missing?

B: this truck has a np 021 behind the transmission, it's like a tranfer case but really just a usless hunk of metal, the second time i had the tranny rebiult they just swapped me cases with all my internals (except for the clutches i melted) i could tell because my pan no longer requires nuts and bolts. just bolts and it has a number on the lip that it didn't before. this along with a trip to dodge to compare gaskets leads me to believe that i have a 4x4 tranny. has anyone ever used an advanced adapters conversion kit for this tranny (47re) to a np 205 transfer? i have a ford dana 60 kingpin that i am thinking about putting under it.

97cummins 06-21-2013 04:10 AM

I thought about getting a better intercooler at one time, but I was told by a shop I go to that the 12valve motors have the better intercoolers.compared to the newer cummins motors. metal ends and on the newer ones have the plastic ends.:humm:

HydroElectric 06-25-2013 10:47 PM

ive heard of using a little shot of N2O to spool up the turbo.

and what if u used that nice water injection kit to spray some mist on the intercooler?
rally racers use spray bars like that, but i think they use Co2 cause its super cold, but water should in theory do the same..