Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   Power!!? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/113066-power.html)

Chad96Dodge 06-17-2013 09:24 AM

Power!!?

There has gotta be something going on. my 96 12V feels a little on the sluggish side. I mean it moves but not like I feel it should. I have full 4" with S&B intake and that's about it. I don't want to do a fuel plat due to stock Tranny I don't want to roll black smoke I just know that my truck should pull harder? what could be the case on feeling as bit sluggish? I have the Canada version its spec on HP is 215hp.

I got a buddy with a 94 12v and that thing burns out pulls like a son of a bitch. no fuel plat no intake and just a stock straight pipe. has a shift kit is all? I just don't get how his pulls so hard in all gears. once my 96 hits OD its like blaaaaaa I mean it slowly starts to pick it up but not like his. Also on hills mine sucks if I am not over 60 im in the slow lane lugging? just looking for any help and Ideas on what my truck is up to?

Could it be the tranny bands-tranny slipping-tranny going out-------? thanks guys!! :tu:

95taylor331 06-17-2013 06:25 PM

rear end makes a huge difference, if his has 4:10's and yours has 3:54's that could make all the difference in the world

also have you changed the fuel filter recently?

Al31031 06-17-2013 09:48 PM

yes thats what i was going to say what are you running rpms at say 112 kph i think thats like 70 mph?

RanchhandTCR 06-17-2013 10:38 PM

The cable on that is next to your throttle cable on the engine pull it up a 1/4'' or 1/2 inch and see if that helps, you may be moving into the other gears a little early also, but if you have lacked on your fuel filter, it can make a difference in power. Also another thing is valve oever head it can make a difference in power too, if your past 190,000 miles not sure what that is in kilometers, but if you are that can be all it is, mine was sluggish when I got it and it woke up again when I did the overhead on it..

Chad96Dodge 06-18-2013 10:00 AM

The only Canada gauge in my truck is the temp. my idle is set to factory. I don't remember what gears I got I will have to look. I do a fuel filter pretty often its been longer this time round but its never made my truck jump after I do a change out. at 70mph I am at or just over 2000rpm. is it normal once I hit OD to just lug well I mean if I step on it, it just kind of picks up the pace no shift down and ZOOOM power? the truck has 180k on it. I do all the little maint stuff to it oil, fuel. My main concern is its my tranny slipping should I do the Front BAND? but other than this my truck runs great and I love it. it has power but I guess I just feel like it should have more ya know? thanks guys

Al31031 06-18-2013 11:03 AM

i dont think you have 4.10's

cummins Pride 06-18-2013 11:10 AM

sometimes the trucks come from the factory with the plate pushed farward i have 2 of same exact trucks and one came with the plate pushed all the way up and the slow sluggish other one had the plate all the way back and a fuel plate is not likey going to make you roal coal and i have a 0plate on my stock tranny and theres not one problem they make several different sizes to to be safe with a stock tranny

Chad96Dodge 06-18-2013 11:55 AM

I just know that the Canada model was stock 215HP and the us version was less.
dana 70 rear end with 3.55 gears I think is what I got. I don't want to mess with my fuel plat this is my everyday driver I just as I said feel like there is something missing but who knows maybe that just the norm for my truck.