12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Glow shift boost hose and boost question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glow shift boost hose and boost question

First off what should my boost be around, 15-18psi?. Drove tonight for the first time after installing my glow shift gauges and it doesn't even look like I'm near 15.. My turbo is so loud though I was expecting to see more, which brings me to my second question could that just be the crappy black nylon hose that comes with the gauge giving an incorrect reading? I've made sure not to tighten the adapters and furrel fittings to hell. What are signa to tell if i may have tightened it to much? Also should my gauge be reading any pressure when I'm just at a cruising low rpm speed but can still hear the turbo? Any help is appreciate thanks.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Another way I can explain this is I really can only get the gauge to move is if I dump the throttle

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Come to think of it i'm almost thinking maybe the hose is pinched somewhere behind the pillar pod, as I have checked the hose from the manifold to the fuse box which is where I ran it up towards the pillar, maybe it pinched inbetween the factory pillar and the glowshift pillar as that was a super tight fit but I don't know what would even resolve that problem when I pull it back apart to fix it, is there a better way to get the boost hose to the gauge, drill it's own seperate hole through the factory pillar to the gauge and eliminate it from being run through a hole with the wiring harness and all that messy wiring. Excuse my blabbing I just wish things would go the right way the first time around haha

Last edited by DerekP129; 03-28-2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-28-2013, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

Usually when i'm cruising down the freeway i 'm at 5-7 psi
when i 'm going up a hill i'm around 10-15psi
but if i rail on my truck down the freeway i can get it around 25-35psi./but that's pushing it with a stock turbo.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check for a boost leak in system