Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   JUST NEED SUM HELP!!! (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/107830-just-need-sum-help.html)

12vlve_blackbetty 01-14-2013 09:50 PM

JUST NEED SUM HELP!!!

ok ppl i am new to the diesel world, i have a 98 12 valve with 326xxx miles on it. i have straight exhaust 3 in with 8 in tip. i have taken the screw off the p pump and turned it up like that but heres the ? i want black smoke and lots of it and more hp. i mean i know bigger exhaust (4in), cold air intake, injectors (not sure what size i may need), turbo (thinking bd killer b, but not sure), not sure on what else to do to the pump, and i dont wanna change clutch. so any and all help would b greatful.

Truck Guy99 01-17-2013 09:18 PM

Before you say or do anything, tell us about it's life. What does it do? Do you make a living with it and drive it everyday? Do you tow with it often? Occasional mud toy? If you do tow, what are you hauling? Even if a 35 foot long fifth wheel rv with 2 slide outs may weigh the same as a gooseneck full of hay, how they pull are different. Also, you can only turn it up so far before you smoke a clutch. Also, your gonna get grilled like a steak for wanting black smoke. If you want black smoke, put a plastic bag over your air filter. Also, get yourself some gauges before you go tweaking it too far. Also, what are your power goals?

12vlve_blackbetty 01-18-2013 11:04 PM

It's life as of now it's jus a fixer upper 2wd doesn't pull a trailer. She has 326,263 miles on her. I would like some black smoke doesn't have to b a lot jus some. And power wise idk that's we're I need help

Truck Guy99 01-19-2013 06:47 PM

I would suggest first an upgraded intake system. The intake horn is incredibly restrictive. I would suggest banks or afe. Upgraded air filter setup. Then get some injectors bigger than needed for some smoke.

H.R.D 01-19-2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 12vlve_blackbetty (Post 979810)
ok ppl i am new to the diesel world, i have a 98 12 valve with 326xxx miles on it. i have straight exhaust 3 in with 8 in tip. i have taken the screw off the p pump and turned it up like that but heres the ? i want black smoke and lots of it and more hp. i mean i know bigger exhaust (4in), cold air intake, injectors (not sure what size i may need), turbo (thinking bd killer b, but not sure), not sure on what else to do to the pump, and i dont wanna change clutch. so any and all help would b greatful.

So basically you want diesel rice, wanna know how I know that, because you have stock 3-3.5" pipe with an 8" tip and you want it to smoke.

Sorry, but my advice: sell it and buy a honda!! Another tip for you a 1998.5 is a 24v not a 12v

:argh::dang::nope:

CR9712v 01-19-2013 07:01 PM

dang given em hell! lol

Truck Guy99 01-19-2013 07:27 PM

Also, boost elbow, grind fuel plate, and remove the turbo silence ring. Silence ring doesn't add power. Just adds sound. I'll probably think of some other things later.

H.R.D 01-19-2013 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by CR9712v (Post 981072)
dang given em hell! lol

Yeah, jackheads like the OP are the ones running our beloved sport. So I don't take it easy on them when all they want is smoke and a have an exhaust tip over 3 times the size of their piping. Because people like that don't love diesels they are just band wagon jumpers.

Truck Guy99 01-19-2013 11:58 PM

I tried to warn him in my first reply. Remember? " Also, your gonna get grilled like a steak for wanting smoke". I figured he would get crap for it.

kryz9903 01-02-2015 01:44 AM

He deserves the backlash with comments like that. You don't buy a diesel because you want to blow black smoke "and lots of it" , you get one for the durability and versatility of being able to do more than a gasser can. Smoke is a by product of power, not the other way around