Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   pump help cant find anwer (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/107351-pump-help-cant-find-anwer.html)

codycatract 01-03-2013 07:43 PM

pump help cant find anwer

I got a 98 ram 2500 with 215 pump the guy shaved the end of the foot in the ABC and shaved plate to 0. The smoke screw still had cap with break off screw so I doubt its ever been touched. Its great but smokes to much on shifts. It blows a cloud when towing I hooked ABC to my compressor so I know its set full fuel at 28 pounds, still seems leggy and to Smokey did the guy before me screw everything up grinding foot and plate? My plate is almost all the way forward and housing is sitting back, any help?

mysterync 01-03-2013 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by codycatract (Post 976712)
I got a 98 ram 2500 with 215 pump the guy shaved the end of the foot in the ABC and shaved plate to 0. The smoke screw still had cap with break off screw so I doubt its ever been touched. Its great but smokes to much on shifts. It blows a cloud when towing I hooked ABC to my compressor so I know its set full fuel at 28 pounds, still seems leggy and to Smokey did the guy before me screw everything up grinding foot and plate? My plate is almost all the way forward and housing is sitting back, any help?

You slide the housing foward and the plate back in small increments until you find a happy medium

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

codycatract 01-03-2013 08:28 PM

Ya but doing that will take a lot of power away right I know there is a way to tune for power and no smoke

mysterync 01-03-2013 09:14 PM

To much fuel will cause lag as well. And you will build more low end power as well. It wont kill the power near as much as you think if you make small adjustments. Might consider some timing as well.
What charger is on the truck? What kind of boost it the truck making?

codycatract 01-04-2013 07:38 AM

This motor is just getting me by till my built one goes in soon but for now its hx35, guy had boost elbow and it was getting 40psi I new 35psi or higher would grenade this thing so I turned it down to 33ish and stock injectors, should I try adjusting just housing in small increments toward radiator, and if it doesn't do much then slowly slide plate back?

mysterync 01-04-2013 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by codycatract (Post 976826)
This motor is just getting me by till my built one goes in soon but for now its hx35, guy had boost elbow and it was getting 40psi I new 35psi or higher would grenade this thing so I turned it down to 33ish and stock injectors, should I try adjusting just housing in small increments toward radiator, and if it doesn't do much then slowly slide plate back?

Thats what i would do. Right now your afc is preventing fueling. 28psi is a bit high for a factory charger imo. Might bring it to 18-20 from my experience.

codycatract 01-04-2013 11:51 AM

But with boost elbow I'm getting 33 pounds wouldn't only 18-20 make it smoke more

mysterync 01-04-2013 12:46 PM

It may but it will aid in final tuning using the plate. With the plate cut straight you have no low rpm fuel stop (a foot at the bottom of the plate) so you'll have to loose some top end to deal with the smoke on the bottom. Honestly you typically would have acceleration issues with the afc slid all the way towards the firewall. Are you sure the afc arm is low enough to catch the governor arm?

codycatract 01-04-2013 04:57 PM

He just shaved a little off the toe instead of the part your supose to grind that's slide on the shaft but I see what your saying, I'm not gunna fix my problem with a 0 fuel plate I will just buy one probably 100 what's your opinion on that one. And, thanks for the help

95CTDPower 01-11-2013 01:00 PM

I run no fuel plate or afc. It's gutted. I have a 215 pump with 7x16 injectors and .093 lines, with little smoke to a haze if I don't want smoke. Or I can turn day to night. It's all about throttle control my friend. Build it the right way and don't use your fuel pedal like a light switch and you'll be fine.