OM617 Into T100 - Diesel Bombers
Diesel Bombers
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > The Engine Room > General Diesel Related > Potential Diesel Owners Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Potential Diesel Owners Forum Questions and discussions for potential diesel owners *FOR POTENTIAL OWNERS ONLY*

Hey all, I have a 93' T100 and have been lurking on a bunch of different forums and have finally come to the decision that the best powerplant for my T would be the OM617. I know that the stock 120hp and 180ft/lbs is "weak" ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

OM617 Into T100

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Default OM617 Into T100

Hey all, I have a 93' T100 and have been lurking on a bunch of different forums and have finally come to the decision that the best powerplant for my T would be the OM617. I know that the stock 120hp and 180ft/lbs is "weak" but I am looking to get the power up to 140hp and about 250ft/lbs with an intercooler and turning up the IP a little. Is this realistic? Or should I just cough up the 6 grand and go for a 1kz-te toyota diesel? Looking for help/opinions here. I think that the OM617 can be had for about 1500 for a complete car and 600 for the adapter kit from 4x4 labs plus another 300-400 for a toyota bellhousing adapter. Altogether the total cost to get the motor running in the truck will be around $3000 with a new gasket set and some smaller fixes on the motor. Looking for some help/advice from anyone that has swapped the OM617 into a truck. How do you like it? Would you do anything a little differently?

Overall, if you've got an opinion, if you've got advice, throw it out there because I m open to where I'm gonna go with this truck. Thanks for your guys help/advice!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Diesel Bomber
Need more turbo....

jared.lemmons XiX Frost13 XiX

View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

No info on a Mercedes swap but a bump for ya

EasternAggie's Sig:
"ol blue"
1994 Ford F-150: 12v Cummins NV4500
Mods: Amsoil 4510, 5" exhaust, ISSPRO pyro/boost/FP, tuned pump, CD 5x.014's
4k GSK, 60lb springs, 35/40 hybrid, Mighty Diesel head bolts, 6k HID's
Audio: Hi-tech music box, new door speakers, 12" Kicker L7, Kicker 750.1, Probox