6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 2013+ Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with DOC&DPF

Tow Mirrors for 15 Ram

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow Mirrors for 15 Ram

I have a 15 Ram 3500 dually and the mirrors suck for towing a 5th wheel trailer.
They are just not wide enough to see the full sides of the trailer at the rear.

Does anyone know of any mirror extensions or replacement mirrors that are wider than stock???

Old 07-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

is yours the flip out style?

Old 07-06-2015, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by 97cummins
is yours the flip out style?
Yes.. they are the ones that flip 90 degrees, it really does not give you a lot more mirror reach but it is better than most...

Old 07-13-2015, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

Maybe an strap on style like they sell at a parts store and put it at the end of the mirrors?
I have a set sitting in my trailer I don't use.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:06 PM

I have the same problem. My truck is the 2014 and mirrors flip out but not enough.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:56 PM

I guess I will have to go with some sort of strap attach type or make a new arm that extends out further.. aluminum perhaps to keep the strength and keep vibration to a minimum..

Old 03-04-2016, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by KTWillys
I guess I will have to go with some sort of strap attach type or make a new arm that extends out further.. aluminum perhaps to keep the strength and keep vibration to a minimum..
Not to sound harsh, but what size trailer are you pulling and are you experienced in towing? This is my second RAM and the tow mirrors have always been adequate for my needs when properly setup. I tow a 37' trailer and can see to the corners just fine. Now you do have to adjust them like any other tow mirror, which does require a bit of a difference in viewing then what most are used to. I just wonder if a learning curve is needed here for you rather then additional mirrors. If you have the flip-up mirrors, with the convex mirror also built in, you truly should not need anything else. Although if you do not feel comfortable driving with the supplied tow mirrors, by all means do what will make you confidant; it's just that with the proper practice and know-how, I don't believe this is necessary. Again, please don't take make comments as demeaning, just suggesting since I do not know your experience. I work at a campground so I have seen any and everything, but I don't judge if I don't know someone's true experience; just trying to help.

Old 03-04-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by rdrector
Not to sound harsh, but what size trailer are you pulling and are you experienced in towing? This is my second RAM and the tow mirrors have always been adequate for my needs when properly setup. I tow a 37' trailer and can see to the corners just fine. Now you do have to adjust them like any other tow mirror, which does require a bit of a difference in viewing then what most are used to. I just wonder if a learning curve is needed here for you rather then additional mirrors. If you have the flip-up mirrors, with the convex mirror also built in, you truly should not need anything else. Although if you do not feel comfortable driving with the supplied tow mirrors, by all means do what will make you confidant; it's just that with the proper practice and know-how, I don't believe this is necessary. Again, please don't take make comments as demeaning, just suggesting since I do not know your experience. I work at a campground so I have seen any and everything, but I don't judge if I don't know someone's true experience; just trying to help.
I wont take it as harsh..

my little history..
I started driving tractor trailer at the age of 14.. i am now 58 so i have seen a trailer or two in the mirrors.. this includes singles, doubles and triples.

I know what mirrors are supposed to let you see and the ram mirror are woefully inadequate.
They are not wide enough to show you the back of the trailer properly so that you can judge the distance for passing safely or to back up your rig properly.
I want to see the rear of my trailer without having to crook my neck, lean at odd angles or take my eyes off of my forward view to struggle to see where the end of my trailer is.

I pull a simple 8 foot wide 40 foot 5th wheel.

the ram mirrors need to be at least 8 to 12 inches wider than they are now. they are barely as wide as most trailers so you can only look down the side and hope you can figure out where you are..

Please if you can get chance to sit in a big rig and see how the mirrors show you everything.. without guessing.
it is a real eye opener..

Old 03-05-2016, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by KTWillys
I wont take it as harsh..

my little history..
I started driving tractor trailer at the age of 14.. i am now 58 so i have seen a trailer or two in the mirrors.. this includes singles, doubles and triples.

I know what mirrors are supposed to let you see and the ram mirror are woefully inadequate.
They are not wide enough to show you the back of the trailer properly so that you can judge the distance for passing safely or to back up your rig properly.
I want to see the rear of my trailer without having to crook my neck, lean at odd angles or take my eyes off of my forward view to struggle to see where the end of my trailer is.

I pull a simple 8 foot wide 40 foot 5th wheel.

the ram mirrors need to be at least 8 to 12 inches wider than they are now. they are barely as wide as most trailers so you can only look down the side and hope you can figure out where you are..

Please if you can get chance to sit in a big rig and see how the mirrors show you everything.. without guessing.
it is a real eye opener..
Fair enough, I understand your point. I'm sure the increased width (which hadn't occurred to me) of the big rigs do allow the mirrors some extra comfort room also. Unfortunately those add on strap mirrors always look so ugly in my opinion.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by rdrector
Fair enough, I understand your point. I'm sure the increased width (which hadn't occurred to me) of the big rigs do allow the mirrors some extra comfort room also. Unfortunately those add on strap mirrors always look so ugly in my opinion.
I agree they are ugly..
I am thinking i will take a pair and make them extendable for the extra width..

I figure chrysler will try to void my drive train warranty because i changed the mirrors..