Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I have a stock (no tubers) 2007 Dodge Cummins 6.7 Recently when I punched it to get around someone right after the turbo kicked in it suddenly lost power. I punched it a few more times and the check engine light came on. When I ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Default HELP!!! fuel pressure relief valve

I have a stock (no tubers) 2007 Dodge Cummins 6.7
Recently when I punched it to get around someone right after the turbo kicked in it suddenly lost power. I punched it a few more times and the check engine light came on. When I got the code it came up P000F fuel overpressure relief valve activated.

I was going to replace the valve but it's $455.00

I've seen people have put a plug in the fuel rail to fix this but I worry about too much pressure cracking the fuel rail or injectors (more expensive).

I've also seen people shimming this valve with a washer shim kit.

Is this what my problem is and if so what is recommended to get my power back without too much pressure to cause other damage?

Please help
Old 08-25-2011, 02:24 PM
BOMBARDIER

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

DON'T, under any circumstances PLUG the bolt. Your gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a new valve. You might get lucky, and Cummins will have one on the shelf.

wildbill's Sig:
2006 Ram Cummins
"RAMPAGE"

Old 08-25-2011, 03:53 PM

I was definitely not wanting to go that route of plugging. What about shimming maybe with only 1 or 2 washer though instead of the 3?

Is this a cummins part? It was my understanding that the fuel system was a dodge item. Would this be covered under cummins 100,000 mile warranty?
Old 08-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Diesel Fan

Check out oregon fuel injection. Oregon Fuel Injection, Dodge Cummins diesel performance, common rail parts and fuel supply pump just bought a rail pressure sensor for a 6.7 for 140 bucks. The dealer wanted 500 plus another 200 to install it.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Diesel Bomber

alligatordiesel

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

Personally I would put the rail plug in. We done that to many trucks and had great results

Farmboy 2.0's Sig:2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with 2 Big Shiny Spiny Things, Some Big Ol Sticks, and a Man Pedal!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 PM
BOMBARDIER

Originally Posted by Scott@Alligator View Post
Personally I would put the rail plug in. We done that to many trucks and had great results
If customers start blowing nozzle tips and melt an engine, would you pay for a new engine?

Familyman, the valve is there to keep from cracking injectors.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Site Sponsor - Alligator Performance

View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

I am running dual CP3's and have had my rail plugged for 6 years with no issues. I wouldn't expect Industrial Injections to replace my engine if I melted a piston and that's who I bought the rail plug from years ago.

It's diesel performance, things can break and go wrong. You don't buy performance parts to make more power and then expect the manufacturer of that part to buy you a new engine when it breaks
Old 08-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Site Sponsor - Alligator Performance

View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

ive had a rail plug in my truck for well over 2 years now and ive yet to throw a rail pressure code. is your stock lift pump bad?

guytonLBZ's Sig:
Alligator Diesel Performance
Holton-"06 chevy 2500HD LBZ 6spd,black and blacked out, CCSB 4X4
Custom Twins, EFI by IdahoROB, built trans by ME, 6" stack straight piped, sits stock and looks stock, 6000K HIDs
597hp 1165 ft-lbs torque

Old 08-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Diesel Bomber

alligatordiesel

We have been doing this for years on trucks with dual cp3's and running pressure boxes and not had issues with this and we do the same on duramaxs as well. By deleteing that rail relief valve is the only way to aleviate not having those codes again. i stock one will just do the same later on down the road
Old 08-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

mine is plugged and running a pressure box since 08 no probs if your that worried about it shim it so you will have a little give somewhere just my thought

coors_man_2005's Sig:08 3500 qcsb 6.7 cummins- nv5600 conversion valair clutch, all deletes raised rail pressure, arp head studs and rocker studs, vulcan head gasket & o rings,(thanks lazarsmith) titanium valve springs, chromoly push rods, silver bullet 66/74/14,fas 150 lift pump, afe stage 2 intake, 2000 dodge 1/2 ton Cummins conversion g56 4k.gov springs HD valve springs pump turned up turbo to small

submit to reddit