6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Electrical issues after engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issues after engine swap

Ok so after USA FREEDOM DIESEL injectors toasted my engine I found a low milage (49k) 09 complete engine minus the computer. Swapped all the egr deletes and swapped the computer over. Installed it, filled with fluids, disconnected the injector wiring harness at the valve cover to build oil pressure without firing. Cranked for 3 30 second intervals then plugged injector harness back up. Turned over twice and busted right off. Idled like a dream. Great. Jumped for joy. Touch throttle after idling for a couple of minutes NOTHING!!! All transmission lights on so shut it down because I had evidently not got something grounded right. Changed all the ends on the cables to lugs and put military style battery connectors on. Fired back up no trans lights. But no throttle response either. Hold the throttle in any position and it very very slowly revs to redline. Test drive to see what it does. Again throttle any position it goes 3k shift, 3k shift then at 35mpg it falls on its face drops to idle.

The throttle won't let you go to 1200 or 1500 and hold it in any position. No matter where you press the throttle it is like you pressed it wide open or idle. And it takes a good 6 seconds to get from idle to 3k. Boost gauge shows negative boost till about 2200 rpm.

Have I missed a ground somewhere?

I have not hooked the exhaust to the turbo yet either.

Check engine light is on but key trick shows no codes. Also lightening bolt in parentheses light is on but volt gauge shows 14+.

Also will the 09 harness work on an 08 truck? Had to change the motor mounts because the drives side mount was 2" further forward than mine.

Injector codes have not been programmed yet but still should run.
Engine brake light will not come on when the button pushed either.
It Will do the high speed idle with the cruise control.