6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Cooling fan issue *help*

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling fan issue *help*

I have a Ram 3500 with a 6.7. The problem I'm having is with the cooling fan. I having noticed the fan runs the same speed at idle as any other time. When this started was when the coil on my ac burned up and melted the wires on the back of the compressor. I have since done a head job, new fan clutch, coolant sensor, thermostat, Tipm. When I'm not pulling a trailer it doesn't go past 195 and stays cool. But when I pull a travel trailer it won't cool and will run at around 210 and when turned off it will bubble approx a liter of coolant back into the reservoir. The fan will come on after it has gotten really hot in stop and go traffic but by the time it does its to late and will go into limp mode. I am lost and have wandered if it could need the Ecm flashed. The truck has dpf and egr delete with a smarty tuner. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fix the wires might've shorted something out

Old 09-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a scan tool hooked up to it and check it out.... I just had an over heat/ AC performance issue. The AC compressor would keep running until it would pop off the relief valve. And the truck ran warm a time or two. Turns out the AC pressure switch connectors were rotted off and wasnt telling the ECU to shut down the compressor or that the high side pressure was getting stupid high. Anyways, I put a new pressure switch and connector on the truck and everything has been great so far. SCAN TOOLS HELP BY LETTING YOU SEE WHAT THE TRUCK THINKS IT SEES. I read once that a guy had his truck with the fan locked 100% all the time. He had done a delete and they hooked it up and the high side pressure showed 1300 PSI all the time. They flashed it and nothing changed. They ended up putting a fan clutch and an ECU on it "under warranty". The point is throwing parts at it is difficult. You need to see what the truck "sees" and come up with a diagnosis from there.