6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

2012, 6.7L Mega Cab

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the H&S. My head gasket blew at 50k pulling my 5000# boat on the tow tune. I have it tore apart now about to put a lazarsmith vulcan headgasket, studs, and efilive tune on it. I will see how it holds up from there. I swapped back to cummins from a duramax and was hoping by the 2012 models they had all the bugs worked out of the 6.7. Apparently they are almost as bad as a 6.0 blowing head gaskets with a tuner, even stock sometimes. Hopefully what I have will fix the problem. I would recommend turning the timing down on the H&S if you don't want a head gasket replacement in your future.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:47 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

DEmaXX, thanks for the input. Been there, done that with p.o.s. 6.0L I had. Don't want to visit that scenario again. I'm halfway tempted to go ahead and I buy some ARP's and install them now. Leaning towards it.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:14 AM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by deucer
DEmaXX, thanks for the input. Been there, done that with p.o.s. 6.0L I had. Don't want to visit that scenario again. I'm halfway tempted to go ahead and I buy some ARP's and install them now. Leaning towards it.
Thats what i did i bought head studs its definitely needed and not that pricy to install

Old 08-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Default Sebastians4x4

Hi all Im pretty new to this sight so forgive me if I do not use the correct decorum.
I need help in deciding what tuner to get for my 2012 6.7 HO with 40k on it. I want to do a DPF delete where I would replace the pipe. I do live in Cali so they do smog here. So I was going to get a pipe flanged to take on and off when needed. The idea is to get rid if the suit builder portion and possibly better mileage. I have herd of tuners that will allow you to delete the DPF portion of the system and not run any codes. I see that H&S Max is mentioned and a few others. So here are my questions, what tuner will allow me to delete the DPF and not run codes on the EVIC and that will help my gas milage as well as give me more power and that is quality. Im on a budget right now, just thought I would trow that in there. Also forgot to mention that my truck does not run the blue def. If anyone has a part number for a tuner that can truly do all this I would appreciate the help.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:44 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 65 Likes on 62 Posts

If they are going to check for actual emissions equipment then I don't think you can get rid of them. Unless you just put them back on for testing and pull them off at the house afterwards.