6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

What tuner, should I delete dpf? New and need help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What tuner, should I delete dpf? New and need help.

Hi I'm new to trucks with the dpf. Is it worth deleting the dpf, I have no worries as far as smog testing goes. I'd like to get some better fuel economy in my 2010 6.7l cummins. As well as get some performance additions. What is the best stuff to go with. I'd like to have a single unit for the gauges similar to like the edge cts. Also what all do I need to do as far as deleting the dpf. I'm sure there is a thread going over this, but I'm having difficulties searching on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

You can post a question in the vendors section and they should be able to help tell you the proper tuner and kit for the dpf delete.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:43 AM
FormerVendor
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

EFI live will be your best route for efficiency, I pm'd you.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your going to get 3 answer's. SMARTY , H&S and EFI . The best one well check into it your self because everyone has there favorite.
As for actual parts Sinister egr delete and flow pro turbo back is the only way to go . Don't just get the dpf delete pipe spend the extra and take the cat off as well its worth the time and money . The cat delete is were you get the really nice cummins sound from.

The following users liked this post:
97cummins (03-08-2015)
Old 02-17-2015, 06:29 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

there are a ton of options for deleting. bottom line is, do your research (opinions are like buttholes...) and decide what you want and, most importantly, what you're willing to pay. make sure whatever tuner you get is DELETE CAPABLE. they're getting harder to find with the EPA squeezing the noose ever tighter... so you'll be looking at either EFI Live, RaceME, Black Maxx or a delete-capable Mini Maxx, etc.

agreed with the other posts on the deletes: might as well go turbo-back, otherwise you're only getting rid of the DPF and leaving the cat. at that point you're back to the 06-07 exhaust restriction with the cat - which can clog just the same as a DPF though not quite as common.

while you're doing deletes, it's not worth it to not get rid of the EGR stuff (or at least block it off). there are several vendors that sell blockoffs/bypasses to disable or circumvent it, so check into it.

good luck and welcome!

Old 02-22-2015, 09:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as if you should do it or not.
One simple answer is YES . It dose nothing but good things for your truck you will get better performance and better milage no question.

The following users liked this post:
97cummins (03-08-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

when you get the motor to breath in easier and get the exhaust out easier, your motor will thank you.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have efi live and I think it's the best for the dpf deletes!

Old 03-17-2015, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just went through the same debate with myself. I didn't do enough research and for the Edge Juice w/ Attitude but obviously it does not work for the DPF or EGR deletes. I am currently trying to get rid of the Edge for a cheap price! I went with the Bully Dogg with EFI and unlock cable. Decent price and I will know Thursday how difficult it is to get installed.

One question I had for someone who knows more about this that I do. Don't mean to get off topic here. I deleted the DPF with the EDGE and it started to regen constantly and bogged my truck down bad. Did this for about 30 miles. I got home and parked it until Thursday. This won't cause any harm will it? i figured it was just all the extra fuel it was pushing during regen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tuner is personal preference..... I liked the interface of the Edge on my 05, but I have a Mini Maxx on my 09 that's pretty awesome.

The 5" turbo back exhaust makes me smile though.... that sound is amazing.