5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Smarty Problems Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smarty Problems Need Help!

hi guys, yesterday i bought a smarty s06 pod with the revo tnt downloads on it, plugged it into my truck, ran great. had it tuned to #5 with shift lim at stock,torque at 2,timing at 2,and rp at 2. drove it through town and it was fine, then i get on the highway and have her go WOT, i get a massive hammering sound. like BAMBAMBAMBAM. let off the throttle and it goes away. but right at 2800-3k rpms it hammered. i dunno if it was my trans slipping or what the hell happened but i need some help. my truck is all stock except a cold air intake,straight pipe and a rebuilt and upgraded trans. ive been having trouble with the trans ever since it was rebuilt so it wouldnt fase me if the builder did something wrong, but does that sound like a trans issue or something else? before the smarty, i had an edge ez on lvl 3 with a bully dog on tow tune so it was about 150 hp tune and i never had any problems like this. any help would be awesome! oh and i even turned it down to lvl 3 and it still did it. put it to stock and it was fine

Old 07-30-2012, 04:58 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try changing the timing to 3 or 4 and see what you get.. And a,,, if you keep running TNT-R on a stock truck you won't be driving it for long.. You would be better off running the REVO tunes until you get the supported mods to run TNT-R.. Even with my mods (twins) SW5 egt's are pushing 1600* on a 1/4 run..

Just Sayin