5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

New guy need help with code

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy need help with code

So I have a code P2127. I know that it is referring to the Pedal Position Sensor, but here's the history of the problem. I changed the Fuel filter back in December when I changed my oil. The truck threw the code. I cleared it. It threw the code again a few days later. I cleared it again and it never returned until today. I just had six new injectors put in professionally and got the truck back yesterday. They also Changed the Oil and Fuel Filter. I am wondering if there is anything that could get bumped by an elbow or hand to make this code get thrown. Just seems strange that I have got this code both times the fuel filter has been changed. I cant get the code to clear this time either. Thanks for any ideas.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do u have adjustable pedals? If so, Poor design, and if adjusted (to fit someone else) sensor pops off of back of gas pedal. Just put it back on.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

Originally Posted by Anguss
Do u have adjustable pedals? If so, Poor design, and if adjusted (to fit someone else) sensor pops off of back of gas pedal. Just put it back on.
Just to clearify its called an accelerator pedal not a GAS pedal. We put DIESEL in our trucks not gas.

Below is a picture of the pedal and the sensor...This is out of an 06 truck so I am not sure if it is the same for the OP's.

Attached Thumbnails New guy need help with code-06-tps.jpg  
Old 06-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OP, just check to make sure the sensor is firmly attached to the "accelerator pedal", you may have to lower the pedal adjustments (if adjustable). To reset the code, unless you have a code reader/programmer like Edge, Smarty, etc, just unhook both batteries for about 10mins and should work.

H.R.D., thanks for the clarification and your Show N Tell from school. I'm sorry to hear yours only eats diesel.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM

To be correct DIESEL is a form of gas just like gasoline is a form of gas. So if it is a gasoline or diesel engine (not a motor) we still fill up with gas.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Anguss
OP, just check to make sure the sensor is firmly attached to the "accelerator pedal", you may have to lower the pedal adjustments (if adjustable). To reset the code, unless you have a code reader/programmer like Edge, Smarty, etc, just unhook both batteries for about 10mins and should work.

H.R.D., thanks for the clarification and your Show N Tell from school. I'm sorry to hear yours only eats diesel.
Your welcome jackass may next time you will use correct terms. haha

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by jfmg68
To be correct DIESEL is a form of gas just like gasoline is a form of gas. So if it is a gasoline or diesel engine (not a motor) we still fill up with gas.
Really? You do realize GAS is short for GASOLINE right? Yes they are both petroleum products but gas and diesel are not the same. They are refined from petroleum to produce certain chemical properties which are unique to diesel and gas.

Last edited by H.R.D; 07-11-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-11-2012, 02:10 PM

GAS is short for GASOLINE right? NO IT IS NOT
Do you now gasoline and diesel is a liquid and when it goes in your cylinder it turns into a gas (not a liquid anymore).

So to your correction it can be call a GAS pedal.

Why we are on the subject everyone is calling fuel nozzles fuel injectors, they are called fuel nozzles.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jfmg68
GAS is short for GASOLINE right? NO IT IS NOT
Do you now gasoline and diesel is a liquid and when it goes in your cylinder it turns into a gas (not a liquid anymore).

So to your correction it can be call a GAS pedal.

Why we are on the subject everyone is calling fuel nozzles fuel injectors, they are called fuel nozzles.

Please pull the trigger on yourself....that is all!

It does not turn in to a gaseous state as in solid, liquid, gas. It turns in to microscopic mist particles that mix with air (atomization). It is still in a liquid form and not in a gaseous state to which you think. Far as a fuel injector/fuel nozzle the entire body, plunger, and nozzle (among other parts) make up a FUEL INJECTOR. A FUEL NOZZLE is where the the fuel is emitted from.

Last edited by H.R.D; 07-12-2012 at 01:40 AM.