5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Take care of your cummins!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Take care of your cummins!!!

I'm new to diesels and definately new to cummins. I bought my 04.5 about a year ago. It had 161k on it then and has 174k on it now. I have spent about 8 grand on it in the past year fixing all the previous owner's negligence! Basically fixing things as they broke, but recently put it in the shop for a MAJOR tune up. I'm talking all fluids changed, timing adjusted, valve lash, all U-joints replaced, fuel filter, all A/C lines replaced, brake systems checked and replaced if needed, injectors tested, front drive shaft replacement to fix vibration, and completely rebuilt tranny. I had it rebuilt stock. I'm saying it was went over with a fine toothed comb...........and this beast now runs like a scalded *** ape!!!!! I'm speaking from experience that if you be good to your cummins it will be good to you!

This is my introductory post so I will tell you everything else I've done so far. S&B CAI, ATS intake manifold, MBRP turbo back exhaust with MBRP muffler. FASS or Airdog on the way. Possibly an Edge Juice with Attitude for the monitoring system.

Take care of business. Keep that Cummins up to par. I am a crappy mechanic but through all the breakdowns and with a lot of help from fellow cummins owners I have learned a lot about this truck. I will never drive another vehicle unless a cummins is under the hood. This is post is intended to remind everyone to keep your maintenance up and keep these beasts rolling down the road strong!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 113 Likes on 109 Posts

welcome to DB.

i know a few that do no vehicular maintenance at all except fill it with fuel. one damaged the engine by running it low on engine oil even when the CEL was on for a month. another blew a tire by running it low on air for months, also may have just done some damage to his engine like the first guy by running it low on oil.

it is sad to see em like this. continually dealing with car trouble because of lack of simple maintenance.