5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

05 needs help

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 05 needs help

ok so here is the thing. my 05 started missing and carrying on wanting to shut off everytime i shifted gears. took my truck to the dealership, it was there for a week till it got fixed. i took it up also cause it wouldnt start when it was hot. they replaced the fuel control actuator on the injection pump. got truck back still doing the exact same thing. it will not start when the engine is hot. let it cool down for 10-15 mins. it will start. took it back up on sunday nite for them to have 1st thing in the morning. didnt hear anything on monday (8-30-11) so i called the next day. the service manager said they took it for a test drive and it shut off on them and had to be towed back to the shop. i called yesterday and he said you need to come up here we gotta talk. walked in and he said "I don't want to scare you but... the engine is locked up" we are gonna drop the pan and see what happened. now here is my question, are they held responsible since this happened while they had it? or is one of those sh*t happens things. it only has 800 miles on the engine since the rebuild. i found out i had 2 cylinders with broken rings so i rebuilt everything. any suggestions would be appreciated. im thinkin its one of those things that could happen to anybody at anytime. but would like to get you guys opinions
sorry for the long post

Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh crap. Not sure boss. Hope they treat ya good

Old 09-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,052 Likes on 557 Posts

I am hoping it goes in your favor. But don't be surprised if it don't. Best of luck to you man.