5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

new guy, new to me diesel, here to learn

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new guy, new to me diesel, here to learn

hey guys, i just bought my first diesel. its a 05 3500 6spd short bed non dually. 180k miles. literally just bought two days ago, googled some stuff the night i got it and alot of results brought me here to this site, some good info and seems like some good guys. im here to learn anything and everything.
back to my rig, i think PO deffinatly put a programmer or injectors already. i got it at a little car lot and i would assume they cant sell with program, so maybe nice injectors. i only assume this cause i drove my another 3500 6spd dually and mine has way more power. under hood looks factory exhaust is stock, but the truck gets up and effin goes. any thoughts? any suggestions on hi mile cummins would be appreciated, thanks hope to meet some cool people.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts
Default Re: new guy, new to me diesel, here to learn

Get your self a 2 micron fuel filter.

Luke

Old 06-22-2011, 11:34 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by Diesel Dawgs Performance
Get your self a 2 micron fuel filter.

Luke
thank you sir... nice web page, the airdog systems look like a good idea, and also the smarty jr. i dont wanna go crazy with my truck but would like to do a few things to it, prolly just a muffler, keep stock exhaust, striaght pipen is alittle loud for me. just want that nice cummins sound. program, alittle lift, 35"s, so thats my plans for now, thanks for input,

Old 06-23-2011, 03:30 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Everyone and anyone who owns a diesel should do an airdog or fass whether you plan on bombing the truck or not, filters much better than the stock filter and increases the life span of your fuel filter. And i see your wanting to go 35" tires, look up tough country's leveling kit, right around $150 and will raise the front end 2-3" and your 35"s will fit perfectly, i just did 20" wheels and 35" tires on my dodge with tough country leveling kit. And there's no rubbing nothing, it's an awesome deal.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet, nice truck. Im with these guys on the lift pump and filtration, add a smarty, cold air intake, and some gauges itll be awesome. Dont forget to use a fuel supplement, and stay on top of the maintenance. Enjoy your new truck.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by Youngblood
Everyone and anyone who owns a diesel should do an airdog or fass whether you plan on bombing the truck or not, filters much better than the stock filter and increases the life span of your fuel filter. And i see your wanting to go 35" tires, look up tough country's leveling kit, right around $150 and will raise the front end 2-3" and your 35"s will fit perfectly, i just did 20" wheels and 35" tires on my dodge with tough country leveling kit. And there's no rubbing nothing, it's an awesome deal.
thanks man, did you get the coils or spacers?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 123 Likes on 108 Posts

doing just a leveling kit will clear 35s but that is with the factory offset on the wheels i saw that it said clears 35s and bought it bought 35 1250 20s and my wheels had to much offset and would rub when i would turn and hit a bump it would rub

Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Diesel Fan

[QUOTE=CUMMINS OR NUTHIN;766555]Sweet, nice truck. Im with these guys on the lift pump and filtration, add a smarty, cold air intake, and some gauges itll be awesome. Dont forget to use a fuel supplement, and stay on top of the maintenance. Enjoy your new truck.[/QUOT

thanks, i was! thinking smarty jr, i saw a afe on craigslist. what kinda fuel supplement?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

power service or standyne fuel supplement

Old 06-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Diesel Fan

definately good idea to upgrade the lift pump or airdog,fass ect. my '03 has the 2" lift spacers in the front and 35 run great with the factory wheels, another thing to keep an eye on is the wheel hubs on the front, make sure to check those periodicly so u dont leave yourself stranded. and congrats on joining the diesel world

Quick Reply: new guy, new to me diesel, here to learn