cold start problem - Diesel Bombers
Diesel Bombers
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Hi I am having problems starting in cold weather when it has been sitting for a while. But if its plugged in it would start no problem . On a cold start I would have spray it with brake cleaner as I know this is ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

cold start problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2011, 06:27 PM

Default cold start problem

Hi I am having problems starting in cold weather when it has been sitting for a while. But if its plugged in it would start no problem . On a cold start I would have spray it with brake cleaner as I know this is not good for the engine. What I am looking for is if anybody has had this problem and could share their information as to what they did to correct it. I am guessing that my grid heater might be shot ????
Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Youtube Account

Hey there Ramman what kind of cold temperature are you talking about here. I have the same truck as you. I know where I'm to in Canada if it gets down to -25C (-13F) and under I have to plug it in, if not she is not to happy to be starting.

ykdodger's Sig:2003, 2500 HD SLT with a Cummins
AFE stage II cold air intake, AFE blade runner, Banks 6-gun w/PDA
Muffler & silancer ring MIA
Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 PM

I live in southwestern Ontario and it gets cold here too. LOL but my other question is if my injectors are bad would it be all the time I go to start the truck it would give me problems.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Diesel Wrench
Jerk

Send a message via Yahoo to steved

When injectors first start to give problems, its generally a hard start cold, but normal start warm. Not saying this is your problem, just answering your question.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Diesel Fan

starting the truck with break clean isnt to bad but..... if the grid heater kicks on when ur doing this it will cause problems

Dodge4829's Sig:06 quad cab short bed 4x4 with 44,000 on the clock white with 4inches of lift in the front 1 1/2 in the rear with 37s BFG mud terrains, and a set of Autometer factory matches, muffler MIA with 5 inch black tip, soon to be smarty

Night runner headlights, LED tail lights, LED 3rd break light, 5% window tint
Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Diesel Fan

have you checked for power at the grid heater when you first turn the key on?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Fixin My 08 6.7 Engine

I have a 2005 dodge 3500 and it had a cold start problem and it was loose injector tubes