Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I have a friend with an 06 Dodge, under 100,000 miles, only mods are intake, muffler removed, and a Smarty POD. The Smarty was just installed last month. When it shifts into 2nd it slips bad till it hits 3rd. no slipping in any other ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

Default 48RE 2nd gear slipping?

I have a friend with an 06 Dodge, under 100,000 miles, only mods are intake, muffler removed, and a Smarty POD. The Smarty was just installed last month. When it shifts into 2nd it slips bad till it hits 3rd. no slipping in any other gears. If you shift into neutral at a stop sign it goes through the gears fine after take off, but if you just stop and take off it slips 2nd. So bad he has to take a different route to work because of a hill after a stop sign. We adjusted the bands on Xmas day and he said it seemed to help but its not anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated! He is about ready to pull it out for a rebuild but want to make sure its not something simple or electrical frist. Thanks

bluetj's Sig:94 Dodge reg cab, 4x4, auto, 215 pump, 4" tbe, K&N cai, kdp killed, 285 bfgs, SOLD
05 Ford reg cab, 4x4, 6.0, auto, MBRP turbo back staight pipe to 6" black stack, SCT livewire w/ Innovatives Xtreme Race and Xtreme Street, triple pillar, AFE stage 2 intake, zoodad mod. ARP's, EGR delete, Garrett Powermax, coolant filter, 7" CAT stack waiting for install
Old 01-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Diesel Bomber
Status: After i got my License plate nobody wants to Play???

View Member's Albums

He wasted the band! bummer got to drop the tranny to fix that!

dangerous1965's Sig:Goodies so far S&B intake,Silver bullet 64,AFE Stainless steel manifold, 90hp sticks, Head studs, 5" exhaust,SMARTY SSR,Airdog 150, 1/2" big Line kit,Gutted lift pump housing with draw straw Mod, T&C diesel CP-3,MP-8 at Half power, Custom intake with heater grid delete High Ram Intake, Built tranny, More guages than can be expected! 225 70r 19.5 tires at 80psi nitrous for laughs!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

Ok, thanks for the reply. I think he's taking it to a shop to get checked out. Had a few people tell me to change pressure sensor and shift selenoid, so I think he might try that first.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Diesel Bomber
Status: After i got my License plate nobody wants to Play???

View Member's Albums

That's possible too! Let us know what it turns out to be!
Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

electronic governor is mounted on the driver side of the transmission and when it goes bad it will make it stay in 2nd gear longer and shift hard into 2nd. try to swap with a friend to see if it fixes your problem and if it does then go buy one

submit to reddit