Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I have a smarty s-06 POD with Revo TNT and everytime I hit 40+ PSI of boost I get the Turbo overboost code, this only started happening recently when I updated the smarty, so I think it has something to do with that, I had ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Diesel Bomber

Default Turbo Overboost Code

I have a smarty s-06 POD with Revo TNT and everytime I hit 40+ PSI of boost I get the Turbo overboost code, this only started happening recently when I updated the smarty, so I think it has something to do with that, I had a quadzilla boost fooler on it too and same thing, map sensor is new and IAT sensor is fine as well, I hooked it up to the snap-on verus scan tool to test these sensors and I know they're good, and I was told the smarty did boost fooling, checked for boost leaks there is none so I'm kind of at a loss as to what it could be other than when I updated the smarty something is causing it with the new tunes

bobcat67's Sig:Thanks to DieselPros of Bozeman, MT Diesel Pros - Repair, Performance, Utility, Off Road - Bozeman, Montana
Goerend Transmission, Automotive Racing Products, Industrial Injection, DDP, Snow Performance, EFI Live, ATS, Pureflow Technologies
Old 08-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Troy Davis

remove the quad boost fooler

12vcummins96's Sig:

DIESEL BOMBERS ADMINISTRATOR

96 12v with LBDP 5x.014s Smokem Specials dual fed modded afc aeromotive fuel pressure regulator no plate 2095 rack plug Airdog 4ghd 63/68 .88 over a 76/85 24cm 46mm tial external gate bd cool down timer 5k gsk 60lb springs Ati Balancer ats arc flow Arps 21 degrees Kdp killed Isspro gauges built tranny 5 inch tb to a single 6 inc tip and a 125hp shot

They go wooooooossssssssshhhhhh the the truck goes VROOOOOOOOOMMMMM then the trans goes f* this
Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM
Diesel Bomber

Originally Posted by 12vcummins96 View Post
remove the quad boost fooler
I did, sold it too, but i'm still getting the code
Old 08-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Troy Davis

and your map sensor is in the parameters what did it ohm out to
Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Diesel Bomber

I don't know my mechanic is the one that tested it and said it came up fine, he doesn't want me using the $10k dollar scan tool apparently, what really bugs me is this only started happening after the new smarty software, I wish i could go back a version and see if it is indeed it or if there is something wrong in the wiring of my truck
Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Troy Davis

try a smaller tune
Old 08-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Diesel Bomber

ok I can do that and see how it goes over
Old 08-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Troy Davis

i would
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Diesel Wrench

Originally Posted by bobcat67 View Post
I did, sold it too, but i'm still getting the code
Ummmm, thats your problem. You got rid of the boost fooler and Smarty does not boost fool. Put a fooler back on it or you won't ever solve the problem.

cerberus60's Sig:05 3500 QC SRW LWB 4x4, Smarty REVO, ISSPRO Gauges, 48RE, OPIE Inpu,t Billet Single Disk TC, Transgo Kit, other tweaks and parts

92 D250, 370 Marine Inj tips, Tweaked pump, HX35 60\16, 47RH, Billet TC, Transgo Kit

Last edited by cerberus60; 08-17-2010 at 08:06 PM..

submit to reddit