Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

2005 ram 2500 has 76k miles squealing sound coming under hood started when hot outside under heavy load now is doing it most of the time when under half throttle or more turbo is not making its ideal normal sounds except under light load any ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Default Turbo Squealing under load

2005 ram 2500 has 76k miles squealing sound coming under hood started when hot outside under heavy load now is doing it most of the time when under half throttle or more turbo is not making its ideal normal sounds except under light load any idears
Old 08-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Diesel Bomber
Status: you know im thinkin this house might be a little small...yea and it smells like fart

View Member's Albums

checked for leaks around the boots?

crzycummins's Sig:2006 f250 6.0 4" exhaust, s&b intake,Rcd delete, studs, juice platinum w attitude, 6" bds lift, 37" fierce mt's, 18" icon wheels. sct to come!
1997 dodge 2500 4k gsk, 0 plate, arp studs, s300 custom bhaf whistler, 4" mbrp, 4" lift, lazar smith traction bars, 35" nitto dune grapplers. future puller!
Old 08-13-2010, 03:35 PM

Checked boots in good condition as are the clamps tight sounds like a loose belt but different
Old 08-26-2010, 12:36 PM

had friend power brake tranny get turbo spooling up cannot find leak sounds like noise is coming from down by the turbo. Completely lost on this dont now what to think.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I have the same thing on my '06... Dealer pressure checked it and found nothing. I'm sure it's a pin hole leak in one of the boots... time for silicone boots.

RedRammer's Sig:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1999 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - Edge Juice with Attitude - MBRP 4" - K&N Intake with Amsoil Nanofilter - Alcoa Wheels - Fass 95/150 - NV4500

2006 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - G56 - Edge EZ - Straight Pipe - AutoMeter Guages - FASS Titanium
Old 09-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Diesel Fan

rccanamrider

View Member's Albums

I had a weird squealing noise coming from my turbo that kept getting worse and worse... Took my intake tube off and there was scratch marks on the side from the fins scraping it. I guess the bearings in the turbo where shot. I found a cheap used one and haven't had a problem since.
U might want to check the oil supply line to the turbo, make sure its getting oil...
Old 09-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Diesel Wrench

Send a message via Yahoo to steved

Mine started a warble "squalling" type noise suddenly about 160k...been that way for 45k. I almost want to say its the electronic solenoid that controls the waste gate? I hold good pressure and the turbo checks out good as far as play.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Diesel Bomber

alligatordiesel

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

Take the intake off it and see if there is any play in the turbo shaft. And if you can spray some soapy water on the boots and if theres a bubblle there is a pinhole

Farmboy 2.0's Sig:2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with 2 Big Shiny Spiny Things, Some Big Ol Sticks, and a Man Pedal!
Old 09-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Diesel Wrench

Send a message via Yahoo to steved

I looked the boots over a while ago, they seemed fine. It happened right after the injectors were replaced for the second time. I have also lubricated the waste gate linkage with no effect. There is no play in my turbo whatsoever...

I'll give the soapy water a try tonight!
Old 09-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Diesel Bomber

alligatordiesel

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

Alright man keep us updated

submit to reddit