Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I'm having problem with the tachometer on my truck. just the other day at idel it was reading about 500 to 700 rpms( which is normal). well here lately it started wanting to run about 200 rpms idel and and at normal 60mph crusine speed ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

Default Problem With Tach on 06 Cummins ?

I'm having problem with the tachometer on my truck. just the other day at idel it was reading about 500 to 700 rpms( which is normal). well here lately it started wanting to run about 200 rpms idel and and at normal 60mph crusine speed its about a grain and sometimes lower. anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? by thy the wy the truck is running fine to so i don't know if its a sensor or guage problem.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Holy hard to read batman... someone will chime in with a suggestion for ya.

mikeshauling's Sig:09 QC 4X2 Big Horn DRW SMARTY 19S
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 PM
BOMBARDIER

Send a message via Yahoo to MRaynor View Member's Albums

I would say that you either have a connection problem somewhere or a faulty RPM gauge.

MRaynor's Sig:Mike

05 2500 CTD 4x4 LB Quad, Autometer ultralite pyro and 60# boost gauges on A pillar, Quadzilla Monster Intake, TCS TQ, Suncoast VB, MAGTECH pan, Howards cool down timer, SS nerf bars, 6" miter stacks with no muff and Motometal Rims.

01 3500 CTD 4X4 5 Speed Quad, BD Super B turbo, 4in turbo back exhaust, S&B intake, Airdog 150, Whelen amber LED strobes on top
Old 06-04-2009, 12:13 PM
High Tech Redneck

Jacob Boness

This is a problem on almost all 06's... Nothing a new cluster won't fix... If your truck is still under warranty get it to the dealer fast!

Red_Rattler's Sig:JAKE

DIESEL BOMBERS SUPER MODERATOR

CLICK HERE FOR SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER AKA BOMBARDIER
03Flame Red 2500 4x4 QuadCab Handshaker HO,Kore HP Kit, Smarty REVO, AIRDOG II 165, Banks TechniCooler, K&N FIPK, MBRP Cool Duals 6inch tips, GunSlinger Pistol Grip Shifter, SRT Inine 6 Hood, Jacobs Brake

95 2500 4X4 Ext Cab Handshaker "BUCKN' BADGER"
Old 06-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

I bought my truck 2nd hand and it has about 87,ooo but not hurt but i know it has the 100 thousand powertrain warrenty on it. would it fall under that warrenty?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
BOMBARDIER

View Member's Albums

Mine is doing the same damn thing

RSWORDS's Sig:

Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Diesel Bomber

Send a message via AIM to sidekick View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

check the service bulletin for service techs might be a recall

sidekick's Sig:2006 Ram 2500 3" leveling kit, 33" Nitto Terra Grapplers,
18" Xtreme Alloy 6001 wheels, S&B cold air intake and air horn,
Magna Flow 5" turbo back exhaust, Mads Electronics Smarty, Edge Juice w/Attitude (HOT UNLOCK), Quadzilla rail and fuel pressure gauge,Devils Own Water Meth, BD Super B Special Turbo, BD Boost Fooler, Trans and Converter by GOEREND , Home made traction bars, Super spring helper springs

Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

thanks guy. also it isn't going to hurt the truck performance other than not knowing the rpm's i'm running?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 PM
High Tech Redneck

Jacob Boness

Nah, the truck is smart enough not to be past redline long if your hammering on it.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

who would i check with to see if there a recall besides the dealer?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

also where would i check for the service bulletin at? is it on dodge's web page or this site?

Last edited by silvercummins06; 06-04-2009 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

submit to reddit