Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

I'm looking at getting a bigger lift for my 03 Cummins. I currently have a 2.5" rough country leveling kit with the blocks under springs in back. This was on truck when I got it and also has 35"-12.5-17's Kelly safari's. Truck handles fine now ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

Default Lift kit?

I'm looking at getting a bigger lift for my 03 Cummins. I currently have a 2.5" rough country leveling kit with the blocks under springs in back. This was on truck when I got it and also has 35"-12.5-17's Kelly safari's. Truck handles fine now and 35's fill wheel wells good but do rub some on a lock to lock turn. I'm wonder what kit is best for the price and ride quality. Have heard some good things about BDS 8" long arm kit for about 2k. Also planning on running 37" tires, are there many choices and what do they run in cost? Leveling kit just doesn't seem like enough anymore but what will I sacrifice going 8" and 37's?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Click the image to open in full size.

03CumminsNoob's Sig:03 2500 Cummins H.O.

MODS= 5" straight pipe turbo back with dual 6" stacks, S&B cold air intake, EJWA and hot unlock code, Airdog pump, goerend transsmission with billet internals, 35x12.50-18's with 2.5" leveling kit......for now

Last edited by 03CumminsNoob; 06-20-2013 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Stock wheels can run 37's. Just get some thuren arms.....it'll push the axle where it should be. Also get an adjustable trac bar to relocate the axle back to center.

CHEMMINS's Sig:2007 SRW 3500 Mega - 35" bald azz toyo mt's, Levelling Kit, Bilstein 5100's, Flo-Pro 5" SS TBE to 4" duals with 6" tips 18" long, AFE intake tube with amsoil filter, Airdog II 165, Smoked ebay headlights, HID's.......that's it for on the truck.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums View Member's Youtube Account

I have eagle alloy wheels and most kits come with the adj trac bar. No one else has a lift that can give me some input? Should I move this to another section cus I usually get some response.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Diesel Fan

MTGHarTwicK

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile

If you want 37" i'd say go with a 6" kit a buddy of mine just put 6" pro comp lift in his Ram and hasn't had a single problem with the truck in any aspect of the lift.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:46 AM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

i have an 06 2500 with 6in SUPERLIFT!!!! running 37s, smooth ride and great off road!!!!

WestTexasOutlaw's Sig:
2006 Cummins, 6in superlift, 17in American Eagle Wheels, 37x12.5x17 Hankook Dynapro mt, silencer ring delete, working on Blacking out all my chrome.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

View Member's Albums

I bought my truck with a 6" lift on it and 37s not sure what for brand it is though unfortunately. Only ever rub if I'm turning and hit a bump just hit the dumb little plastic piece under the bumper
Old 10-25-2013, 02:14 PM

6 inch lift will work fine to clear 37s (may have a little tire rub), just need to pick a company. I like CARLI products but comes with a price. I am sure any of the other big name lifts are good.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

Old 12-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Diesel Fan

View Member's Albums

a buddy of mine has 2.5" rough country coil spacers with 37/12.5/17 dick cepek fun countrys, only rubs on full lock turning right. Synergy makes the starter kit for 37" tires, and from what ive heard its a reasonably priced quality kit.

that BDS kit is worth every penny, but it isn't a 2k kit once you have played with all there options!

FlyingDutcman's Sig:03 2500 Dodge QC/48re mag-hytec double deep pan w/ updated internals/ATS Atomizer/S&B CAI/4" TBE/Leveled 315/70 Coopers/BD end links/Steering Box Brace/Boss hog rear bumper
78 chev 1 1/4 SRW/ Modified 12" Superlift/ Locked 14 bolt open Dana 44/ Mild SBC/ built TH350/ NP203/205 Doubler w/ Twin stick/ Work in progress

submit to reddit