5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

common rail CC chev swap - front ABS/ VSS issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default common rail CC chev swap - front ABS/ VSS issues

Ok guys, I swaped all the mechanics of an 03 cummins into an 87 crew cab chev. Im just about done but having some issues with the speedo not working and am wondering if it has anythin to do with the front ABS sensors not being connected as I retained the Chev Dana 60 under the front. The rear axle is of the dodge variety.
I made a "dummy" cluster out of the chevy bezel using the dodge gages and a little back yard engineering to connect to the original (see the pics). The original cluster is intact and tucked in nicely under the dash. I am not getting a vss reading from my scanner when in motion.
I am wondering if it would hurt to just connect the front ABS wires together so they close the circuit. Are they connected to the rear vss/ABS?? Would this screw up the braking performance? Any other ideas?
Thanks!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Nevermind I got it. For some reason my FCM is not giving power to the 34-38 fuses (ABS, HVAC, fan clutch, back up lamps). Put a Jumper wire on to the 37 spare and it powers the missing link. I must have some corrosion on the FCM circuit board

Last edited by keepitreal; 06-08-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost