5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

HELP!! PLEASE.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! PLEASE.

Okay here Is my problem I've got an 04 dodge 2500 has 174k 4x4 no mods except intake. I got the truck with a blown motor. So I got a new block. Rebuilt it top to bottom with arp hardware. Put the motor in the truck and all it did was crank. Checked my fuel pressure and I was barely coming out of the cp3. So I put a new pump on it along with a new fuel rail pressure sensor. Replaced the fuel delivery tubes. Still no fire just cranks. I don't have a check engine light. I unplugged the cam and crank sensors one at a time to see if the ECM is reading them, and they both threw codes. Also unplugged the FCA and no start as well. I can hear the injectors go threw I guess a system check when I first turn the key on. There was a long 10gauge wire on the driver side of the engine. That reached both the negative battery post and the body ground. I installed it to the body? Is that wrong?

Someone please help me I'm in dire need of this truck running.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

are you using the old injectors? did you get them tested?

Old 05-25-2013, 01:56 PM

Yeah it's the old injectors. I kinda ruled them out cause I figured what were the odds that all 6 went out. Cause I'm getting zero fuel in the cylinders. No smoke out the pipe, and with the intake horn off I can't smell fuel. But if I spray a little starting fluid she fires then dies. Did that only once to make sure it wasn't the engine itself that was bad.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

? Anyone

Last edited by dallyUP!; 05-25-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

you should post this also in diesel in distress section also.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Call Todd at T&C diesel he'll get you going! You do have fuel to the CP3 right! Crack the supply line and turn the key on should leak really good! That is the lift pump supplying fuel! After that is verified then it's all electronic.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:30 AM
Diesel Fan

ttt

Old 06-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dangerous1965
Call Todd at T&C diesel he'll get you going! You do have fuel to the CP3 right! Crack the supply line and turn the key on should leak really good! That is the lift pump supplying fuel! After that is verified then it's all electronic.
Todd is awesome, you might have to call at 9 or 10 at night to get a hold of him though .

Old 06-03-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by dangerous1965
Exactly-Sounds like you may have a fuel supply issue. Verify that the electric lift pump is supplying fuel to the CP3

Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 186 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ818
ttt
OK, suspect you are just trying to pump up your post count, but this is the 3rd post of yours I've seen with the ubiquitous "ttt" reference, so now I'm annoyed.

Which of the below definitions should we assume you ascribe to :ttt?"

TTT
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look up TTT in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
TTT may stand for:

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers book by J.R.R. Tolkien and film by Peter Jackson. Abbreviation commonly used in online discussion by fans of the trilogy.
Team Time Trial, a bicycle racing event similar to an individual time trial
The standard Morse code prefix for messages announcing safety warnings, equivalent of Securite
Taitung Airport - (IATA: TTT, ICAO: RCFN)
Tekken Tag Tournament, the fourth installment of the Tekken fighting game series
Tilt table test, a medical diagnostic procedure
Time-temperature transformation, a diagram used in materials engineering to determine isothermal transformation properties
Trinidad and Tobago Television, a defunct television network in Trinidad and Tobago
"Triple T", former name of radio station Sea FM
British ITV company Tyne Tees Television
Touch-Tone Terrorists, prank phone call CDs
The Temper Trap, a band
Three Trapped Tigers, an experimental electro-rock group from London
Talk That Talk, the sixth studio album by Barbadian recording artist Rihanna
Talk That Talk, the song from the album with same name
Trouble in Terrorist Town, a game mode included with the sandbox physics game Garry's Mod
Triple Trip Touch (aka T.T.T. and TTT), a free-jazz band around A.R. Penck, Frank Wollny and others

The following 2 users liked this post by NadirPoint:
jkidd (06-03-2013), MillerBoyzDiesel (06-03-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Quite an exhaustive list NadirPoint.

TTT used to get used more in forums to bump up "To The Top" to get more responses.