5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

P0628 code and other issues.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P0628 code and other issues.

Just a few days ago I received my FlashPaq in the mail and updated my ECM to performance mode. Two days later I had just parked my truck after driving through some tall snow in our neigborhood in four wheel drive and put the truck in park and then it just died out. It had already thrown a P0628 code previously not sure exactly how long ago... there was never an engine light didnt even know till I checked DTC's with the SuperChip. The unit is completely up to date never had any issues with the ECM update... the truck had run choppy a couple times before this... kind of like chuggy on an idle... it doesnt affect the idle just sounds funky through the tail pipe at an idle... the truck will sometimes puff a little cloud of white smoke on startup and sometimes it will puff a little black... sometimes it wont puff anything and especially lately it hasn't puffed any white being in Performance quick tune mode. A little puzzled as to what the problem is seeing as .... I let the truck sit for about 15 minutes and came out and it still wouldnt start so I went and cleared the DTC and even after that it wouldn't start but as soon as a primed the pedal on the turn over she came roaring to life... I let it idle at about 2 grand for 5 minutes and then let it idle back down and it did NOT die! And has not died for the past two days after that it fires right up. I'm so puzzled. Anyone have any ideas here?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Oh and it does not smoke white while it is running.

Last edited by Diesel Addict101; 03-01-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

p0628 low voltage detected at lift pump. check wiring, power and ground to lift pump, would be best to check while no start problem is occuring.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:45 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright i will check into that today thank you.