5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!

i was washing the engine bay and wrapped up all electric components before hand got done with it got in the truck after everything had been blown off with compressed air and dried and started her up went for a drive got about 5 miles down the road and forgot to plug the map sensor back in (would explain the check engine light at time) pulled over plugged in still felt like i had no power but check light went off. got home and for gits and shiggles checked my codes i am now throwing a ton of codes and dont know what to do. anyone have any advice/ideas?

Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Diesel Fan

anyone??

Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

I would write down the codes, check em out, see what they are.. then maybe reset em and see if they pop back on?? Just a thought

Old 01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

Just clear them! Never heard of anybody actually protecting plugs but hey it wouldn't hurt! They are water tight connectors! take apart the ones that are throwing a code and blow them out! I bet the air dry you did forced water into the connections!

The following users liked this post:
mudsling (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by minncountryboy
I would write down the codes, check em out, see what they are.. then maybe reset em and see if they pop back on?? Just a thought
wrote them down didnt clear them though ill definetly give that a try. also ill post them up here more information the better right!?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by dangerous1965
Just clear them! Never heard of anybody actually protecting plugs but hey it wouldn't hurt! They are water tight connectors! take apart the ones that are throwing a code and blow them out! I bet the air dry you did forced water into the connections!
never even thought of that or knew that!!! ive just always been real protective when it comes to electrical im completly dumb when it comes to electricity

Last edited by mudsling; 01-17-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Clear them, it will likely solve your issue...

Often one thing will trip multiple "related" codes...

The following users liked this post:
mudsling (01-24-2013)