5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Ups and downs of the 03's and 04's??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ups and downs of the 03's and 04's??

Im coming on up in this world and possibly wanting to get me a Common Rail Cummins. Mainly cause my 12 valve is a regular cab and i want some more space. Lol. The type of truck im lookin for is a QC, LB, 4x4, SRW, with a 6 speed. I dont plan to heavily mod it but maybe some basic mods, like little bit bigger injectors, HG and head studs(better to be safe than sorry), programmer and maybe a bigger turbo. I just want some stuff that doesnt make the truck a drag strip worthy truck but something that will get up and go pretty good when i need it to. With those main mods in my head is there anything else i should look into to support those mods? Im new to the CR world and am trying to learn all i can about them. I know the lift pumps were pretty notorious for dying.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Old 12-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here check out my thread and what they had to say and srry bombers this site is still the best . Which one - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buy a 4.5 to 07 motor the valve seats hold up better thats where you really save $$$ down the road.