5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Is it to risky

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it to risky

I've decided on puttin the edge juice with attitude on my 07 5.9... I just hope my auto tranny can hold out.. I don't plan on runnin it anything above 3 but I'm sure it'll be a different story once I get it on... Should I think about tranny upgrades first or just go for it

Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well Ive been told with a smarty to upgrade the tranny the Edge is pretty similar and from experience of Edge I know a buddy who's got the 6-speed tranny in his 05 cummins and he tore his clutch apart so I would think it'll go to town on the Torque converter. Seems like its just a good idea to spend the money on the trans right away so your not stuck doing it the day after you get it programmed. Im gonna be putting a Triple Disc TC and Goerend Valve Body in mine along with a transgo shift kit and see if that stands up to the Smarty should be enough though not gonna be running it hot all the time. I would say spend the money on the tranny gonna have to be upgraded at some point anyways.