5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

custom air bag lift kit idea?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default custom air bag lift kit idea?

ok yall dont flame me to bad hear, ive been toying with an idea in my head for a few days now, i love lifted trucks and lifted duallys i wasnt gona lift my dually just level it n tires but since i leveled it and put the 35 12.50s with the 2 inch spacers i really wana put her on a lift but the problem i have with lifting is i loose my goose neck/fifth wheel towing ability with the trailers i pull. so i was thinking of copying an idea that my friend did to his dodge but not so big, he took his 03 ram and made a custom air bag suspencion for the front an can adjudt the ride hight about 10 inches up or down on demand, i was wanting to do this so i could inflate the bags n get about 6 inchs overstock lift front n rear n just air em down low enough to haul the trailers. i kno the rear will be easy ill just put the air bag assist kit and air it up to get the lift but the ffront will b harder due to the track bar, i can get the bags for the front for pennys my dad owns a trucking company and have em at the shop as well as the parts i need to set up the onboard air system, anybody think im dreaming too much? or have anyideas for the front trac bar, if i go ahead with this ill be making the control arms into a long arm setup. im a pretty good fabricator so this isnt gona be done cheaply, it will mostdeffinetly be highway worthy...

Old 10-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like a pretty good idea.. there's a company that sells air bag lift kits... Idk maybe see what there kit looks like.. I my self have thought of the idea of making a air ride kit for my rear axle.. like a peterbilt flex air kit.. or 4 link with air bags instead of leafs.. since my truck is already lifted.. but it was just idea I had going through my head