5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

48re Trans problems after new suncoast trans

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 48re Trans problems after new suncoast trans

I just bought a full billet Suncoast trans with less than 5k mi from a diesel shop. I took the truck and trans to a local transmission shop to switch out my stocker for my new Suncoast trans. I drove the truck 10ft from the parking lot and my CEL came on and the truck would not shift into 2nd gear at 20mph and about 1900rpms. I pulled back into the shop and the guy tells me he just drove the truck and it was fine, which I know because my coolant temp was at 176deg when I got in the truck. He hooked up the code reader and he said the Throttle Valve Actuator was stuck. Has anyone else had this problem?? Any insight or help would be much appreciated as I am low on funds after the Suncoast trans purchase. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 111 Likes on 105 Posts

I guess the new trans didn't come with one! It's mounted on the outside of the tranny I wonder if they did a quick switch on you to make more money??! I may have one I have to look! I'm running a constant pressure valve body from Goerend so that part isn't even needed! Let me know if your local yards don't have one or maybe even E_bay! I hope you have no further issues because SunToast has a very bad customer service warranty history.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea the shop used my stock one off my trans. my truck has like 90k on it so I mean its not like its brand new. Tell me more about this constant pressure valve body?? How exactly does that work with the electronic throttle control?? Yea man let me know if I can replace it with something better, because the shop is quoting me $325 on the new one.