24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

potential for a bomb?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question potential for a bomb?

I found a piece of foil for an oil jug, and small pieces of gravel in the valve valley!!!!!! All were in the #1&2 cylinder heads. How concerned should I be? I didn't find anything in the other cylinder areas I looked very good. Pls correct me but is not the oil drains in the head at the push rods? All the debri I found was on the opposite side.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

That sucks, but I wouldnt worry too much if you didn't see any other damage. Cross your fingers, maybe take an oil sample to check for internal damage.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah I hope your right, just bought the truck a few weeks ago figured I'd do a valve check,2 intake and 4 exhaust well outta wack, got done cleaned up craked er up quiet very little valve noise compaired to the clickitty-clack I was getting, got good and warm, took to store and back feels 60% better and just hummms down the road. Oil filter from p-o put on a fram getting a wicks tomorrow, got the call from my parts house late friday new filters are in, another customer with a fleet of trucks wiped em out last week b4 I had a chance to get one they had to order a few cases! Brakes and fluid are next on the list.