24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

wet floor

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default wet floor

every time it rains the passenger side of the floor is wet. so i pulled up the carpet, and its running down on the right side of the blower motor. and thats all i could see. took a look along the fire wall and everything was dry so im thinking its coming in from under the black plastic cowl, but havent pulled that off yet. any other ideas?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

Fresh air is drawn from the base of the windshield, and into the HVAC assembly. I'd be having a look down from the base of the windshield to see if there is anything directing rain water into the HVAC assembly.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

So your saying I should pull the plastic cowl off? And if so how do the wiper arm come off? Is there a special tool like there is for old crank window handles?

Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 PM
RAW
Administrator

Yep, pull the cowling off and have a look in there. As pictures are always better then word:

Old 11-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Ok I'll give it a try tommorrow and let you know what i find. Thanks man

Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 PM
RAW
Administrator

Old 11-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It could be your ac drain hole is plugged. But I have the very same problem on my truck and I check the drain and it didn't seem to be the problem. But my best bet is its your ac, because mine is wet even when it hasnt rained. But I'm still not too sure. Let me know what you find, I am very curious to figure out the problem.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

so i took it apart today it had some pine needles, and thats about it. vacumed it out, and blew it out with the back pack leaf blower. poored some water in there, and from what i could see water was still running in. then i took out the blower motor out of the hvac system for the hell of it, and it was dry, but discustingly dirty and so was up in side, heater core looked dirty to. so im thinking somthing is clogged up in there. do you think i should take the dash apart and clean the system?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by T.C.ummins
It could be your ac drain hole is plugged. But I have the very same problem on my truck and I check the drain and it didn't seem to be the problem. But my best bet is its your ac, because mine is wet even when it hasnt rained. But I'm still not too sure. Let me know what you find, I am very curious to figure out the problem.
im pretty sure its not the drain because i did the same thing you did thinking it was that, and then i extended it with a peice of heater hose so i know its not that. this only happens when it rains, not when i use the ac. when it was raining last night i pulled up the carpet, and could clearly see it running down the floor board, but theres a foam pad that goes all the way up behind the dash for sound dampining or what ever so its hard to see where its coming in from.

Last edited by dieseldude848; 11-17-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm, well now that has me thinking. could there be a possible just open hole somwhere up in the fire wall? and now that I am thinking it has been raining recently over here. Im going to have to check mine out again.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

where did you pour the water to see where it leaks?

Last edited by T.C.ummins; 11-17-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

i poured it in under the plastic cowl. i mainly did it to flush out any crap, and i plan on cocking where the bottom of the windshield meets the plastic cowl. to help with the water issue, it will keep it from running down inside. hopefully it works.

Quick Reply: wet floor