24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your thoughts

Truck is in shop with tim right now... She just decided to quit running and will crank but won't fire... I hope its the lift pump and injector pump so I can upgrade them. I was thinking a DTT mechanical belt drive lp and a Blue Chip ip... Followed by the adrenaline and then some Max Sticks 75 or 100's... Then I want to upgrade the steering to the 07-09 (I think that's the correct years) components...

Any thoughts?

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

no one???

Last edited by jyatesmp; 10-29-2011 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-29-2011, 05:10 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

First time I've ever heard someone say they hope it was both pumps gone out. There isn't anything wrong with what you are thinking, except the cost and lack of air. Your going to have a pile of fuel for what I can only assume is a HY35. Personally, I wouldn't do the Adrenaline, I would go Edge. Diesel Dawgs has good prices on nozzles, and if you have a good diesel shop near by it removes the hassle of cores.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by RAWilliams
First time I've ever heard someone say they hope it was both pumps gone out. There isn't anything wrong with what you are thinking, except the cost and lack of air. Your going to have a pile of fuel for what I can only assume is a HY35. Personally, I wouldn't do the Adrenaline, I would go Edge. Diesel Dawgs has good prices on nozzles, and if you have a good diesel shop near by it removes the hassle of cores.
extended warranty is still on the truck.... and I got a great shop... .... My thoughts are if the IP is gone, the LP killed it.... if the LP is gone it hurt my IP...

Yes I have the stock turbo on as of now and that may change....but not anytime soon....

Why do you say the Edge rather than Adrenaline... Adrenaline is cheaper and you can download different tunes... Just wondering what makes the Edge so much better ...IYO...

Do you have a link for Diesel Dawgs???? My injectors will be later on after I hit 100k...

Right now I'm looking at IP, LP (if covered by warranty) and then a tunner with built in guages within a month...Got to get her back on the road first...

Old 10-29-2011, 05:35 PM
RAW
Administrator

Received 684 Likes on 549 Posts

Edge's customer service is second to none. Personally I don't like the idea of downloading tunes, and all the adjust ability. Give me power, at 6 different levels, and it's all good.

Cummins Fuel Systems/Injectors Diesel Dawgs Performance - Diesel Dawgs Performance

If you see something you like, make a thread in the Diesel Dawgs section or PM Luke directly.

Gauges are a must, especially fuel pressure.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 99 just did this yesterday and the day before, I bought it on Wednesday. Turned out all I had to do was crack the injector lines, crank till I saw fuel, then tighten them back up and she fired right up. The first time I was doing about 80 and the motor completely shut off and I had no power brakes or steering.

the second time I was coming to a stop and it just died. I have a aftermarket fuel pump under the door and 150 horse injectors and a edge chip. I thought I was starving the truck for fuel but it hasnt done it since I filled the tank, both times it died I was at about 1/4 tank... just my 2 cents

Old 10-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Diesel Fan

thanks for the info...could be something simple but I did not see any fuel leaking anywhere... I will keep you posted

Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Diesel Fan

Sorry I forgot to update ya. The issue was the sending unit had gone bad and ran the tank empty even though the gauge read just under half.... The lp was weak but not out but I went ahead and replaced it with a FASS.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

get adrenaline... all my buddies use it. custom tunes up to 230hp software and can monitor with many different guages. cant beat $600 and the screen looks for updated than a Edge JWA