24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Need Some Serious Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need Some Serious Help

Took my truck to get the AC fixed..... Got my truck back wasn't shifting properly, see attatched videos. Popped the hood had a loose wire that they pulled out from one of my wiring harnesses above my motor on the firewall, don't ask me wtf they were doing up there with my AC..... So this has happened before except the other end of the wire so I put the wire back on the first time and truck worked fine after that....Had code P0501 the first time...... Now this time I tried putting the wire back on had the same issue so I took it back to the shop the F'd it up....They couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. Told me to take it to the dealer. They have now had it for a week and don't know whats wrong and are trying to work with Chrysler to figure it out before they rip my trans apart. I'm almost positive it's electrical not in my Trans. This time I have Codes P0501 and P1693. Dealer said there was no signal loss over any wires that they could see. They think it might be something inside my trans but I think its electrical seeing it started after that wire was loose and the first time it happened it was the same damn thing just the other end of the wire..........
In the videos I will attatch you will see if I get on it hard from a stop my truck cuts out when it shifts between 1st and 2nd......
Next part of the video once I'm going and I get on it my RPMS won't go any higher than 1,800 - 2,000. Even if I go to the floor they won't go any higher and truck won't shift. This only has happened since the loose wire and codes.......

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 118 Likes on 61 Posts

Which wire is it?

Old 07-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Believe the vehicle speed sensor, seeing the code is for that it is a white wire w/ orange stripe, can't take a pic because the dumbass dealer still has my truck