Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

2001 24v cummins my entire under carriage was coated in oil so i cleaned it all off to find out where the oil is coming from and i think i narrowed it down to the front left (drivers) side of the block right behind a ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2011, 10:07 PM

Default 2001 cummins oil leak?!?!

2001 24v cummins
my entire under carriage was coated in oil so i cleaned it all off to find out where the oil is coming from and i think i narrowed it down to the front left (drivers) side of the block right behind a pulley....any help?
Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 AM
Diesel Fan

Not coming out of blow by tube?

TugBoat's Sig: 01' 3500 6SPD , WORK IN PROGRESS... fass 150 , 85 HP stix, ejwa cts , arp studs, phatshaft, ats manifold, hrvp, 5" single out the back:.....
Old 04-23-2011, 07:30 PM

no it looks to be coming out the bottom of the crankcase
Old 04-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Diesel Fan

Do you still have the factory bottle for crank case attached? It can cause oil to get everywhere once it reaches the fan. Just a thought.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Diesel Fan

Ck the front cover and pan bolts? Maybe behind the vac or vp ?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Administrator

View Member's Albums

Ck the front cover and pan bolts? Maybe behind the vac or vp ?
Very popular for the gasket between the Vac pump and timing cover to leak. Mine did, and it looked like a front crank seal leak by the way the fan was throwing it around. I ended up pulling my fan off and running the engine to pinpoint the leak.

RAW's Sig:http://www.dieselbombers.com/signaturepics/sigpic13667_9.gif
2001 RAM2500, 5.9L Cummins. EJWA CTS/Smarty, 150HP BigDawg Injectors, HotRod VP44, 5" exhaust, FASS HD150 w/Vulcan DSV, HX35/40 over S471, Colt "Big Stick" Cam, S&B CNC Intake Elbow, O-Ringed head, 110# valve springs. Built 47RE. D80 w/discs. Espar Hydronic 5.
2014 RAM2500 Larimie, BONE STOCK
Old 04-28-2011, 07:28 AM

at first it was leaking on the drivers side now the drips are all on the passenger side?!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 PM

its most likely to be the vac pump thats where mine was 250 dollar fix havent seen a drop since
Old 04-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Administrator

View Member's Albums

$250??? Get a shop to do it I assume?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:20 PM

so i think i found the leak after $35 and 3 hours at the car wash......a loose bolt

submit to reddit