Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

Help needed I just installed a new clutch kit w/ new dodge master and slave cylinder trans went right in no issues there but it will not go in gear while engine is running disk is in corect plate is torqued to 22ft lbs any ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2010, 09:02 PM

Default 99 cummins clutch install gone wrong

Help needed I just installed a new clutch kit w/ new dodge master and slave cylinder trans went right in no issues there but it will not go in gear while engine is running disk is in corect plate is torqued to 22ft lbs any ideas ? please help need to get back on the road to pay uncle sam
Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

on a bind same thing happened to mine first time i installed take it back out and put it back together little trick i learned is install the clutch/bell housing and slave before tranny have someone push in the clutch so the tranny slides right in much easier. the disk is mostlikely on a bind

94cummins12v's Sig:sold 96 f350 CCLB, p-pumped 12v cummins,506hp-1089tq
new 2004 f250 CCLB lariat fx4 6.0l auto, edge cts moniter, sct programmer w/ gearheard extreme SRL, sinister egr delete, blue spring upgrade and coolant filtration system, ARP studs, volant csi ram air intake, 4in straight pipe and 7" chrome tip, 5in lift and 35-12.5-18, charcoal and chrome
Old 11-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Site Sponsor - Alligator Performance

View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

Make sure the hydro piston is lined up properly into the receiving cup on the clutch fork. Also on aftermarket hydros there is a black plastic spacer that can be removed to make them work on multiple applications. try removing that spacer and see if that helps. May not be fully disengaging the pressure plate
Old 11-13-2010, 11:08 PM
Diesel Bomber

Is this a stock replacement kit or an aftermarket clutch? Some aftermarket clutches require either a different clutch fork or the removal of a spacer behing the pivot ball that the forks mount to

dukeboy_318's Sig:99 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins; other than that, IM NOT TELLING HAHAHAHAHAHA

submit to reddit