Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

well i got the dreaded p0216 code tonite.. had dead pedal for an instant then came back to life check code and this is the one i found. I'm assuming this isnt just a fluke and i'm screwed? ok i cleared code and went out ... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Default p0216

well i got the dreaded p0216 code tonite.. had dead pedal for an instant then came back to life check code and this is the one i found. I'm assuming this isnt just a fluke and i'm screwed?

ok i cleared code and went out and stomped on it code didnt come back. went to walmart and romped on again code came back, clear it and now it asnt come back.. is it just a hiccup?? it also doesnt seem to run different...

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

maybe ill get lucky???

outlaw1_gt's Sig:1999 ram 2500 cummins turbo diesel, 5 speed, ats arc flow, quadzilla adrenaline with pulse, volant filter with afe torque tube, glowshift gauges, tripple pillar pod, fuel pressure, egt and boost, 3-piece manifold, 4inch magnaflow exhaust , boost elbow, airdog 150, 100hp injectors, 62/65/12 turbo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by outlaw1_gt; 07-02-2010 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Troy Davis

no bud its fixin to go south i would get myself prepaired

12vcummins96's Sig:

DIESEL BOMBERS ADMINISTRATOR

96 12v with LBDP 5x.014s Smokem Specials dual fed modded afc aeromotive fuel pressure regulator no plate 2095 rack plug Airdog 4ghd 63/68 .88 over a 76/85 24cm 46mm tial external gate bd cool down timer 5k gsk 60lb springs Ati Balancer ats arc flow Arps 21 degrees Kdp killed Isspro gauges built tranny 5 inch tb to a single 6 inc tip and a 125hp shot

They go wooooooossssssssshhhhhh the the truck goes VROOOOOOOOOMMMMM then the trans goes f* this
Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Diesel Fan

Mine did the same thing. Lasted for about a month from when i got the first code to when my truck finally died in the driveway.

Cain379's Sig:1999 Dodge 2500 SLT, Edge Drag comp chip, fass fuel pump, PDR S300 Turbo, 5 speed Manual with SB con ofe clutch, 4" straight piped exhaust, custom cold air intake, 6" skyjacker lift, Boost gauge, 2x pyro gauges, fuel pressure gauge, 2x tranny temp gauges.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

ok thanks guys so installed there own vp44 and how much of a pain was it? ive seen the install videos and it doesnt look that bad... but im thinking can it be that easy?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Troy Davis

yeah its pretty simple ive done a few
Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

whats the biggest thing i could screw up? ive dont all my mods myself so far thanks to the great help here at diesel bombers. and think i may want to do this myself also
Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

make sure your keyway is pointed straight up before you pull the pump out of the gear. and when you slide it back in. keep from dropping the key shaft down in the gear case.

when your done with the vp, put in an aftermarket lift pump so you dont have to mess with it again soon.

crazycooter's Sig:2001 3500 cummins 5 spd, 155K on the clock, 5" exhaust, air dog 100, hx35/hx40 hybrid turbo +175 hp injectors, smarty, glowshift guages, Amsoil air filter, Amsoil 15w40 engine oil. [ wife's ride...'05 LLY don't know what to do to it yet, spare ride - '89 1st gen power ram 250 cummins
Old 07-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Diesel Fan

Had the same problem with mine with a two month old vp, swore it was the pump. changed the fuel filter and water seperator havent had the code since ! and that was 18 months ago.

01greenmachine's Sig:New truck: 2001 Ram 3500 4WD Longbed Dually 6 Speed, 100hp injectors, Banks intake horn, Afe cold air kit, ISSPRO Boost, Fuel and Pyro gauges, Twin 5" Aussie stacks (Split Under bed), Smoke Tint Clearance Lenses with LED Lighting, Smarty Programmer, 25k gooseneck
Up for sale: 2001 Ram 2500 4WD.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crazycooter View Post
make sure your keyway is pointed straight up before you pull the pump out of the gear. and when you slide it back in. keep from dropping the key shaft down in the gear case.

when your done with the vp, put in an aftermarket lift pump so you dont have to mess with it again soon.

I have an airdog 150 that holds good pressure
Old 07-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Diesel Bomber

View Member's Albums

You can do it!

Billy D's Sig:87 YJ with a work in progress 4BT
95 RC, 2wd new auto trani, stock, 208k.
90 LE250, 2wd, unmolested, 298k+, and going strong, tilt, air, cruise with a 4" pipe. Deny T #2, with a spring, Amsoil Nano filter.

submit to reddit