24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

DRW TO SUPER SINGLE HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DRW TO SUPER SINGLE HELP???

I want to go to a super single rear wheel, but I don't want it to look stupid like those conversions that have the single tucked way inside the dually fender. I want a rim and tire that will fill in the fender well pretty good. If possible on the tire, I would like to keep an E load rating because I occasionally tow a fifth wheel or small trailers. So my question is what rim and tire options do I have that will fill in the dually fender well and still look proportional. I also have the occasional street races with a buddy on the streets so I'm looking for a street tire not a mud tire. Thanks.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

From my understanding, when trying to use a super single, your options on wheels are what you see is what you get. You are asking about the super single you see on the semi trucks and trailers correct? Only thing I can suggest is, if you want it be stuck out further, your going to have to use a spacer to set the wheel out. Which in my opinion wouldn't be has strong. Thats my $.02 on it. maybe someone else can chime in that has more experience.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply BarryB. I guess my post was misleading but I understand how you took it. I don't mean the 22.5's or the 19.5's on semis. I just meant one big rear meat on each side in the rear. I know I want a street slick or even better a tires that is load e but still like 14" wide at least. I'm not sure if that kind of tire is even made but that's why I'm on here asking. I'm just looking for rim and tire options given my preferences. Pretty much I'm going for the look and functionality of a street drag truck.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 434 Likes on 356 Posts

When you blow one of those singles your 5th wheel will be on it's side

Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mazzi hulk wheels are the ridiculously wide. here is a link of a super single i found with these wheels. their 18x10. I've seen these exact wheels on a SRW and they are super wide with no wheel spacer.

single in place of double wheel - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

good luck