24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

need help truck died and sent codes now wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help truck died and sent codes now wont start

i was driving last night and all of a sudden my check engine light came on and the truck shut down a mile from the house. got it towed back to the house and started working on it this morning. first thing i did was check the codes it had a 1690 and 0336 since it sent both these codes at the same time i figured the crank position sensor failed so i changed it this morning and it still wouldn't start. i figured maybe the fuel system had lost its prime for some reason so i tried to bleed and fuel system and now the lift pump isn't coming on at all. got out the multimeter had some one bump the starter and the ecm is only putting out 8.9 volts to the lift pump. if i use a jumper straight to the lift pump it runs fine so its not the lift pump. i checked the ground above the cps and the one on the front of the motor. tested ground back to battery and everything is good there so it has to be on the + side as far as i can tell. any one out there with any ideas im open to any and all suggestions. thanks in advanced.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts