24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

HELP!!

Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!

So lately when i romp on my truck it will cut out for a second then come back it doesnt happen all of the time but atleast every other time im not sure what exactly shuts down but it seems like the whole truck dies for a second then comes right back when it first started doing it i got a check engine code which was p1693 when it happend most recently i got abunch of codes p1693, P1689, P1682, P1694

Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 PM

Are you lossing electrical power (gauges drop out etc) or is it lossing engine power?

Old 03-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Need a little more information. Fill out your signature with information about your truck.

Did you use the key trick or did you use a scanner to get the codes?

Old 03-13-2013, 08:14 PM

I used the code reader on my edge attitude cts i dont lose electric power everything stays on headlights radio etc. it could be engine power when it happens there is a hard jerk almost like something locked up for a split second one time that it happened it died completely an i had to start it real fast to avoid running off the road, and it only happens when i suddenly mash on it if i gradually give it full throttle it always operates fine

Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default stalling for a second

im having the same problem,, just now I replaced my fuel sending unit in my tank , could be a kinked line but not likely ,, I have a new air dog 2 installed, maybe a loose coonection the the fuel pump?... im checking codes now as I type
Fred

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Modified fuel sending unit from Vulcan is the replacement for the old units as they only make the new ones with the pump installed which costs $800 , these units come with the connections specified before you buy , but do not have a vent,,,!!!! here are the specs and may be the cause of the stalling as it just started when I installed this unit today...

Note: Please read below before ordering.

New modified fuel module with a DS installed.
For 98.5-08 trucks only.

We take a brand new Liberty module unit, modify it and install our 1/2" DrawStraw™ system.
These units have 5/16 and 3/8 Dorman (J2044) type male connection for the return lines and your choice of supply connections below. No need to cut into your filler neck for your AirDog or other system return line, both return lines can go into the module bucket to help replenish the fuel supply when fuel levels are low (may need additional fittings, see below).
Sending unit connection plugs in the same as OE, all have new sending units and floats.
This unit does not include a vent, be certain your fuel cap vent is working properly for both pressure and vacuum.

Make supply line connection selection below.

To connect to the module return the AirDog requires an adapter, the AirDog II does not. If you need a 1/2" return adapter for your AirDog system select the option (QCFM375500) below.

Module comes as shown with no other accessories.O-rings for installation are included.

If you would like your unit custom configured to your new AirDog/Raptor Quick Connect system give us a call as there are several fitting configurations depending on the model, year and GPH you have.

And as always our draw tube components are multi-fuel compatible, safe for B-100.

Our kits are compatible with all available lift pumps and pump systems for the Dodge Cummins application in 1/2 or 3/8". Please call if you have a special application.

For 98.5-08 Dodge Ram only, fuel gauge will not read properly if used on 1998 and older 12v applications, for 09 and up trucks the module orientation may not be correct (Connections may be aimed in the wrong direction) and additional hose length for supply and return will be required.

If you have any questions please call before ordering 800-991-7996

These modules are made to order, be certain to read this page thoroughly before ordering as there are NO returns on fuel modules.

Picture for representation only, actual unit may vary depending on the specific options ordered.

another issue I did was I wanted to lower from idle so I turned the screw on the throttle positioning sensor , not knowing the computer checks this setting and caused the stalling for a second,, I reset the tps by turning on the key waiting for the idiot lights to come off ,then slowly depressed the pedal and slowly released , then turned the key off, now the truck stopped stalling, now Im taking the battery cables off and turned the key on and off a few times to drain the power to reset the engine light,,
theres a post somewhere I have to find it again from a diesel fan who has recorded most of the codes and has given fixes for them also ,,, ill post this later when I find it
Fred

ok I found the guy,, its Mopar1973 guy,,, he has the codes and the repair procedures
Fred,,,, heres the link

Home Page of Mopar1973Man

Last edited by Feerless Fred; 04-25-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2013, 07:39 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

with the variety of errors you have I would start with the battery and alternator to make sure you have enough voltage to operate the computer,, ECM
other than that have you done anything to the truck ? chip?
Last year I fried my computer with a faulty regulator on my alternator,,, it happened at high speed
Fred

Search this Thread