Diesel Bombers SIGN UP NOW

National Association of Diesel Motorsports
Go Back   Diesel Bombers > Dodge Cummins > 24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Registered Members don't see these ads. Register now it's free!

24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps

Welcome to Diesel Bombers Forums!
Welcome to DieselBombers .com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Diesel Bombers Forums community today!

what all can i do to get more RPM on my truck. valve springs? i was told i dont need them untill i have a bigger turbo and injectors? and head studs ofcoarse. what else?? any imformation on this topic is awesome thanks... JOIN NOW TO REMOVE TRACER

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Diesel Fan

Ray Lamson Rayrod81

View Member's Albums

Default want to gain more rpm ???

what all can i do to get more RPM on my truck. valve springs? i was told i dont need them untill i have a bigger turbo and injectors? and head studs ofcoarse. what else??

any imformation on this topic is awesome

thanks

Rayrod's Sig:2005, 3500, 5.9L cummins. compound turbos- bd 63 fed from a 93mm atmospheric equipped with BOV waste gated at 45psi right now, 120hp injectors, ppe dual fueler cp3s, 165gph lift pump. 5" magnaflow exhaust 6"tip. stage 5 BD diesel built tranny. BD tunner stacked with smarty s-06 updated to POD revo. usually just run the truck on smarty with no tuning from the BD system. warn locking hub conversion up front. lockers front and back.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Administrator

View Member's Albums

You don't need stronger valve springs until you have more RPM.

If you can find a Quadzilla Adrenaline with a 4K tune in it, you'll spin up to 4000rpm.

RAW's Sig:2014 RAM2500 Larimie, BONE STOCK

SOLD: 2001 RAM2500, 5.9L Cummins. EJWA CTS/Smarty, 150HP BigDawg Injectors, HotRod VP44, 5" exhaust, FASS HD150 w/Vulcan DSV, HX35/40 over S471, Colt "Big Stick" Cam, S&B CNC Intake Elbow, O-Ringed head, 110# valve springs. Built 47RE. D80 w/discs. Espar Hydronic 5.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Diesel Fan

Ray Lamson Rayrod81

View Member's Albums

what kind of rpm do you see on your truck with the EJWA and the smarty? can you explain how that works? stacking? or whatever it is. thanks Raw
Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Diesel Bomber

alligatordiesel

View Member's Albums View Member's FaceBook Profile View Member's Youtube Account

How many RPM you looking for? When i had the edge juice with a smarty i could spin it to around 3600-3700 rpm. If you want more than that you can get a quad with 4k tuning but you will have to find a older one being quad is out of business now. Or you can do a redline box as well and those you can get high rpm out of.

Farmboy 2.0's Sig:2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with 2 Big Shiny Spiny Things, Some Big Ol Sticks, and a Man Pedal!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Administrator

View Member's Albums

I'm not sure how high I can rev mine, I haven't tried to max it out.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Diesel Fan

Ray Lamson Rayrod81

View Member's Albums

3600-3700rpm would be great. im not looking for a lot more rpm i just want my top speed to be higher and cruising rpms like at 2600 is that resonable for what you said about the juice with the smarty??? can you point me in the right direction on what smarty would go best with the EJWA ? or is there just one thats compatible with the edje. i knon nothing about this subject of adding another chip to my edge.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Diesel Fan

Your not fueling enough to make power past 3200 rpm. To actually make power past 3200 you need a box that will contiue to fuel past that.

TST comp
Blue Chip Redline
Quadzilla Adrenaline 4k

along with one of those boxes you need valve spings, push rods and a dampener.

gets expensive for those 800 extra rpm.

Are you saying your crusing at 2600 rpm? what speed are your crusing at....with 30" tires and an auto locked in OD thats 80mph......
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Diesel Fan

Ray Lamson Rayrod81

View Member's Albums

no i cruse at 1600- 1700ish in 6th gear, its a standard. around 95 to 100 KMph. so like 60mph is a comfortable speed for the truck. I want a higher speed so its more comfortable for highway speeds. i will hit 6th and if im wanting to go around 120kmh its pushing the truck pretty hard. im not looking to go insane here. just to gain a bit. if its real expensive and as complicated as it sounds then it is not a priority for me. thanks for the info guys
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I know the blue chip redline box will run up to 4,000 rpm without defueling and on there site I believe it's like $1495 or so I was looking at one for sled pulling purposes, they also have there fms box that is more street friendly I'm not sure how high it will let you go with the rpm though

diesel life's Sig:2001 dodge qcsb CUMMINS 4" turbo back straight piped to 6" mbrp tip, silencer ring mia, Airdog 150, edge juice w/attitude with cts monitor,built 47re with suncoast internals and a ats triple disk converter,all billet shafts, pro comp 8101 alloys with 285/75/16 pro comp extreme all terrains, thanks to KEY DIESEL PERFORMANCE for a little help when i need it
Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

dropem229

View Member's Albums

Default ordered my fass

i know on the 12 valves they have a govnor spring yopu can change

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

i didnt really catch the post sorry, i wouldnt worry about it sounds like a pain and money!!! i can crusie at like 70mph at 2k i wish i had the 6 speed i have the nv4500

blacksally's Sig:99 cummins 5 speed 5 inch diamond eye 150hp edge injectors high idle switch smarty 6637 filter, gauges boost egt fp water/methanol injection stage 2 arp head studs fass titanium 150gph fire stone ride right air bags 315/75/16s on teflon ARs big ol grill gaurd!
98 gmc 1/2 ton 6.5 walbro LP FTB mod intake 4inch exhaust 3 gauge pod boost tranny temp and ???? fuel pressure?

Last edited by blacksally; 02-03-2013 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

submit to reddit